Do elder persons suffer from any such 'sex-fun-gone' element

• Thread starter jackson6612
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Element
In summary, the elderly experience a decrease in their sex drive. This may vary depending on the individual.
jackson6612
I'm finding it hard to frame my question in the right words as I'm an English learner. So, I hope you would be able to get to the main point using your own understanding and interpretation. Thanks.

When I was a kid I used to love playing video games. I think I still would love to but couldn't enjoy it anymore. I couldn't have the same level of fun I used to have in the past; actually now it hurts when I find that that fun is gone. I have confirmed it with several other person and they tend to agree with me. Perhaps, this phenomenon varies from one culture to another.

Likewise, as we grow older we start losing that 'sex fun element', though we still would love to have sex but couldn't enjoy it to the same level. It simply hurts when that fun is not there. It gives rise to frustration. Suppose you are used to eating good tasty food and then due to certain malfunction in your taste buds you couldn't enjoy that tastiness anymore to the same level. That 'good taste' is still in your memory and there is an automatic comparison system in your brain. Further suppose, there is someone who has been suffering from that taste bud malfunction since birth, then she/he wouldn't have that much problem and would love the food as it is because there is no 'more tasty level' in the memory for her/him, hence no comparison.

Do elder persons suffer from any such 'sex-fun-gone' thing which is a source of frustration for them? Please let me hear your opinions on this. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
No.

Such things are strongly dependent on the individuals involved.

It is not wise to generalize.

Thanks, Evo, Integral.

I'm not generalizing. That taste bud malfunction example best describes what my question is all about. Thanks.

there are some things. teenagers do experience life a bit more intensely. this is more about physiology. they also have more libido. by definition, when you lose libido, you lose the frustration. for men and women, this can be very different with aging. men may miss sex more than women.

but yeah, everyone is different. when i took anatomy a while back, our female elder cadaver had quite the assortment of enhancements...

no ...

Diminishing marginal utility. I tend to notice that women are the first to deny it's existence in sex. I think most males experience it though.

Patient: Doc, I want my sex drive lowered.
Doctor: At your age, sex is just in your head.
Patient: I know, that's why I want it lowered.

Pythagorean said:
Diminishing marginal utility. I tend to notice that women are the first to deny it's existence in sex. I think most males experience it though.

Recreational sex is pretty much not about utility :P

Your bored with what you have ? Change partners. Life kills your libido ? Learn to manage your stress.

Evo said:
No.

And to think that I used to love you only for your mind.

I am 95 years old and enjoy SEXIN TEH PF.

Related to Do elder persons suffer from any such 'sex-fun-gone' element

1. Do elder persons still have a desire for sex?

Yes, many elder persons still have a desire for sex. While the frequency and intensity of this desire may decrease with age, it is still a natural part of the human experience.

2. Is it safe for elder persons to have sex?

In most cases, yes. As long as both partners are physically and mentally able, consensual sex is generally safe for elder persons. It is important to take precautions to prevent sexually transmitted infections.

3. Can elder persons still have fulfilling sexual experiences?

Absolutely. While the physical aspects of sex may change with age, elder persons can still have fulfilling sexual experiences through emotional intimacy, communication, and different forms of physical pleasure.

4. Are there any health concerns related to sex in older adults?

Some health concerns to be aware of include the increased risk of sexually transmitted infections, erectile dysfunction, and hormonal changes. It is important for elder persons to discuss any health concerns with their healthcare provider.

5. How can society better support the sexual needs of elder persons?

Society can better support the sexual needs of elder persons by challenging ageist stereotypes and promoting a positive and inclusive attitude towards sexuality in older adults. This includes providing accessible and non-judgmental sexual health resources and education, as well as acknowledging and respecting the sexual autonomy of elder persons.