Discover the Top Physics Reference Book for Foundation Science Students

In summary, I think you might want to consider one of the following: Understanding Physics by Isaac Asimov, The Ascent of Science by Brian Silver, or Physics, by Resnick, Halliday & Krane.
Natasha Rivol
Hello. Can i know which reference book is the best for physics? I am a foundation in science student

Physics news on Phys.org
Natasha Rivol said:
Hello. Can i know which reference book is the best for physics? I am a foundation in science student

What year are you in school? Are you in university now? What kind of areas of Physics are you studying now? :smile:

berkeman said:
What year are you in school? Are you in university now? What kind of areas of Physics are you studying now? :smile:

I am in a university now, but as a student of foundation in science and technology. Which have the same level as matriculation. For foundation we doesn't have any focused area in physics. We are learning general/basic(?) Physics

Dear Natasha,

I think you might have to narrow your question down a bit. By "reference", one could understand something like "general", or perhaps something along the lines of a handbook of physical constants and/or formulas. "Foundation in Science and Technology" sounds unfamiliar to me, and in my head it could even mean something along the lines of Philosophy of Science or Phylosophy of Physics.

If I were to take the simplest understanding that I can think of for your query, I would suggest either (or all) of the following:

Understanding Physics, by Isaac Asimov (There's another book with this title mentioned often here in PF, but I can't remember the author(s)).
The Ascent of Science, by Brian Silver (general history of science, but very good on the physics parts)

also, in a slightly different category (these are basically "Intro to physics" books, with math and problems):

Physics, by Resnick, Halliday & Krane
Physics for Scientists and Engineers, by Serway et. al
Physics, by Giancoli

...plus many more. There are many, many books considered "reference", depending on what you mean, which you can find discussed in the Science and Math Textbooks section of this forum, if these are not quite what you're looking for.

Related to Discover the Top Physics Reference Book for Foundation Science Students

1. What is the title of the top physics reference book for foundation science students?

The title of the top physics reference book for foundation science students is "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker.

2. Who is the author of this book?

The authors of "Fundamentals of Physics" are David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker.

3. What topics are covered in this book?

This book covers a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics.

4. Is this book suitable for beginners in physics?

Yes, "Fundamentals of Physics" is designed for beginner students in physics and provides a strong foundation for further studies in the subject.

5. Are there any interactive resources included with this book?

Yes, the book includes access to an online learning center with interactive resources such as simulations, videos, and practice problems to enhance understanding and application of the concepts learned.