Discover the Power of 3D Motion Tracking with Tri Axial Accelerometers

In summary, the accelerometer can be used to measure velocity of an athlete. The accelerometer can be used standalone or in conjunction with a video camera to track motion. The project has constraints such as the need for an accelerometer and the need for a data transfer method.
hod23
tri axial accelerometer

Hi,
I'm doing a project to do with measuring velocity of an athlete.
I'm looking into using a wireless tri axial accelerometer.
I can't seem to find enough detailed information into how it works.
Could you please help!

Engineering news on Phys.org
recordings from accelerometers

Hi,
I'm currently using an accelerometer and it gives me data on a chart.
The acceleration is plotted on the graph and the max acceleration is shown aswel.
My main aim is highlight the max acceleration and show this figure without the graph on a monitor.
For example, my accelerometer gives a max acceleration of 9m/s, i want just this figure to be displayed on a monitor.
How can this be done or is it even possible?
Regards!

Hi,
I'm doing a project to do with 3D motion tracking.
I have looked at numerous websites into how motion tracking is done but only a brief description is given. Can anyone help me out with a detailed description into how 3D motion tracking is done?
Regards!

<< Multiple threads merged >>
hod23 said:
Hi,
I'm doing a project to do with measuring velocity of an athlete.
I'm looking into using a wireless tri axial accelerometer.
I can't seem to find enough detailed information into how it works.
Could you please help!

hod23 said:
Hi,
I'm currently using an accelerometer and it gives me data on a chart.
The acceleration is plotted on the graph and the max acceleration is shown aswel.
My main aim is highlight the max acceleration and show this figure without the graph on a monitor.
For example, my accelerometer gives a max acceleration of 9m/s, i want just this figure to be displayed on a monitor.
How can this be done or is it even possible?
Regards!

hod23 said:
Hi,
I'm doing a project to do with 3D motion tracking.
I have looked at numerous websites into how motion tracking is done but only a brief description is given. Can anyone help me out with a detailed description into how 3D motion tracking is done?
Regards!

Are you constrained to using an accelerometer for the motion tracking, or can you use some other means? Does the tracking have to be self-contained on the person, or can part of it be something like a video camera mechanism tracking the motion? What are the constraints of this project?

Related to Discover the Power of 3D Motion Tracking with Tri Axial Accelerometers

1. What is 3D motion tracking?

3D motion tracking is a technology used to capture and analyze the movement of objects in a three-dimensional space. It involves using specialized cameras and software to track the position, orientation, and movement of objects in real-time.

2. How does 3D motion tracking work?

3D motion tracking works by using multiple cameras to capture the movement of objects in a three-dimensional space. The cameras are synchronized and use markers or sensors on the objects to track their position and orientation. The data is then processed by specialized software to create a 3D representation of the movement.

3. What are the applications of 3D motion tracking?

3D motion tracking has a wide range of applications in various industries, including film and animation, sports analysis, virtual reality, robotics, and medical imaging. It is commonly used to create realistic and accurate animations, track athlete movements for performance analysis, and guide surgical procedures.

4. What are the benefits of using 3D motion tracking?

The use of 3D motion tracking offers many benefits, such as improved accuracy and precision in tracking movements, real-time data analysis, and the ability to capture movements in complex environments. It also allows for more efficient and cost-effective data collection compared to traditional motion capture methods.

5. Are there any limitations to 3D motion tracking?

While 3D motion tracking is a powerful technology, it does have some limitations. It requires a controlled environment with proper lighting and may be affected by occlusions or reflective surfaces. It also requires specialized equipment and expertise, making it more expensive than other motion capture methods.