Discover the "Dream Chalk": Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk

• Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
In summary, there is a special type of chalk called the Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk that is known for its exceptional quality and ability to produce flawless proofs in mathematics. It is highly sought after and referred to as the "Michael Jordan" or "Rolls Royce" of chalk. However, it is expensive and can only be shipped from Japan. Despite the cost, many mathematicians believe it is worth it for the superior writing experience. Some even find the name "Fulltouch" to be sensual. There are also some skeptical voices who question the use of chalk in modern times.
fourier jr
I thought all chalk was more or less the same so most people would only use the cheapest stuff. Turns out I'm wrong:

"There have been rumors about a dream chalk, a chalk so powerful that mathematics practically writes itself," writes Professor Satyan Devadoss, on the website of the math and statistics department at Williams College, "a chalk so amazing that no incorrect proof can be written using this chalk. I can finally say, after months of pursuit, that such a chalk indeed exists. It is called the Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk."

"For those lucky few who have used it, it can truly be called the Michael Jordan of chalk, the Rolls Royce of chalk," he writes, tipping over into italics in his excitement. "It is made in Japan, and is a bit larger than the classical American chalk. Moreover, it comes with a wonderful coating which protects the user from chalky hands. Once you’ve used it, there is no going back."

Unfortunately, it's pricey and you have to have it shipped from Japan. But does a virtuoso quibble about the price of a Stradivarius? And there's even something sensual about that name, "Fulltouch."

check it out

fulltouch-thumb-300x222-21507.jpg

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/brainiac/2010/09/what_excites_a.html

http://www.improbable.com/2011/11/11/the-chalk-of-some-mathematicians-dreams/

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll bet I could write an incorrect proof with it

Who uses chalk anymore?

Chalk it up to the chalk?

I find this discovery of the Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk to be quite fascinating. While it is true that most people may not pay much attention to the type of chalk they use, this particular brand seems to have captured the attention of mathematicians and scientists alike.

Firstly, the claim that this chalk can practically write mathematics itself and prevent incorrect proofs is quite intriguing. It would be interesting to see if there are any scientific studies or experiments that have been conducted to support this claim. If so, what makes this chalk so special? Is it the composition of the chalk itself or the coating that protects the user's hands? These are all questions that would need to be answered in order to fully understand the capabilities of this chalk.

Furthermore, the fact that this chalk is made in Japan and has to be shipped from there adds to its mystique. It would be interesting to learn about the manufacturing process of this chalk and what makes it different from other types of chalk. Is it the materials used, the production methods, or something else entirely?

It is also worth noting that the price of this chalk is quite high, making it a luxury item for most people. However, as Professor Devadoss points out, for those who have used it, there is no going back. This raises the question of whether the benefits of using this chalk outweigh the cost, and if so, in what ways?

Overall, the discovery of the Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk is an exciting development in the world of mathematics and science. It would be interesting to see further research and studies conducted on this chalk to fully understand its capabilities and potential impact on the field.

Related to Discover the "Dream Chalk": Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk

1. What makes Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk different from other chalks?

Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk is made from a unique formula that uses calcium carbonate and scallop shell powder, making it smoother and less likely to break compared to traditional chalks. It also has a stronger pigment, providing more vibrant and long-lasting colors.

2. Why is it called "Dream Chalk"?

The name "Dream Chalk" was given by the company Hagoromo to reflect the high quality and performance of their chalk. It is known for its smoothness, ease of use, and vibrant colors, making it a dream for artists and educators.

3. Is Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk safe for children?

Yes, Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk is safe for children. It is made from non-toxic materials and is certified by the Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) and the European Conformity (CE). However, adult supervision is still recommended when children are using the chalk.

4. Can I use Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk on any surface?

Yes, Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk can be used on various surfaces such as chalkboards, blackboards, paper, and even on sidewalks. It is designed to provide smooth and consistent writing or drawing on any surface.

5. How long does a piece of Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk last?

The longevity of the chalk depends on the frequency and pressure of use. However, compared to traditional chalks, Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk can last up to 2-3 times longer. It is also less likely to break, making it a cost-effective option for artists and educators.