Discover the Best Resources for Understanding Ocean Bathymetry Technology

• Thread starter gunpowder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ocean
In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for an article on ocean bathymetry and acoustics, specifically books on the subject. The conversation mentions various links and websites that have been searched, but the person is still struggling to find relevant books on the topic. One expert suggests a textbook on the subject and another mentions a more expensive option. The conversation highlights the difficulty in finding specific resources on this topic and suggests searching for textbooks or browsing publishers' websites for more information.
gunpowder
Hi everyone,

i am planing to write an article as a review of the Ocean Bathymetry (acoustics Vs ALB) system.

Is there anyone who can help me with some reading materials or books that i can take help from?

I will waiting to hear from you.

thanks

(Please give me some book name that will help me...thanks in advance.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Has one tried find citations with a search engine like Google?

One do one's own work and search with "Ocean Bathymetry (acoustics Vs ALB)"

and find papers like -
http://champs.cecs.ucf.edu/Library/Conference_Papers/pdfs/Airborne%20Lidar%20Bathymetry%20The%20SHOALS%20System.pdf

or search on 'acoustic bathymetry', 'ALB, bathymetry', or 'Airborne Lidar Bathymetry'

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~chin...eb/WilkeJ_CEE514_Bathymetry_files/Page434.htm

or see "Multibeam Bathymetry and Acoustic Backscatter Imagery of the Southern Monterey Bay Shelf" - http://montereybay.noaa.gov/research/techreports/treittreim1997b.html

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there,

thanks for your reply. I have read all of these links that you have given and plus a lot more. But i am struggling to find any books on ocean bathymetry or acoustics. I have found acoustics but not related to ocean acoustics/bathymetry.

If you have anything like that, then please help me.

i am searching not only in google but in so many library sites but yet not finding anything suitable for the acoustics batheymetry, however, i have found quite a lot of information about the ALB.

thanks

There is also https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Underwater-Acoustics-Xavier-Lurton/&tag=pfamazon01-20, which is a more expensive option that the one suggested by Bobbywhy.

One can usually browse the publishers' sites for more information, e.g., Front Matter, including TOC, and maybe a preface.

One can also search for 'textbook, underwater acoustics' or ' introduction to underwater acoustics' and similarly for ALB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Discover the Best Resources for Understanding Ocean Bathymetry Technology

1. What is the significance of the ocean?

The ocean covers about 71% of the Earth's surface and plays a crucial role in regulating our planet's climate, providing food and resources, and supporting diverse ecosystems.

2. What are some current challenges facing the ocean?

Some of the major challenges facing the ocean include climate change, pollution, overfishing and depletion of marine resources, and ocean acidification.

3. How does human activity impact the ocean?

Human activities such as pollution, overfishing, and climate change have significant impacts on the ocean and its inhabitants. These activities can disrupt marine ecosystems, harm marine animals, and contribute to the destruction of coral reefs and other vital habitats.

4. How can individuals help protect the ocean?

Individuals can help protect the ocean by reducing their carbon footprint, properly disposing of waste and recycling, supporting sustainable seafood practices, and reducing single-use plastic consumption.

5. What are some potential solutions to address the challenges facing the ocean?

Some potential solutions include implementing policies and regulations to reduce pollution and overfishing, investing in renewable energy sources to reduce carbon emissions, and promoting sustainable practices in industries such as fishing and tourism.