Discover a Stand-Alone Latex Program for Effortless Code Generation

In summary, there is a standalone program that generates LaTex code, but it is not as good as using a tex editor.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Does anyone know if there's a stand-alone program that generates LaTex code? I'd love to use latex but i hate the codeing...

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
Does anyone know if there's a stand-alone program that generates LaTex code? I'd love to use latex but i hate the codeing...

What is the net gain? Maple can output latex but you still have to code for maple so I don't really see how there is any net gain being made by using maple to code in latex.

Try LyX.

What is the net gain? Maple can output latex but you still have to code for maple so I don't really see how there is any net gain being made by using maple to code in latex.

*scratches head* Pengwuino never even mentioned Maple...

I use TeXnicCenter, which is really more of a TeX editor. But it does provide function buttons that will provide you with most all the regular TeX/LaTeX things you might need. Of course you still have to know how to use them, but it save a lot of time digging through references to remember what you want to do.

Texniccenter is pretty good. makes it very easy if you are managing a large number of files (chapters in a thesis etc). Also, supports the use of bibtex for making bibliographies etc.

PS

can you output latex from mathematica?

Jonny_trigonometry said:
can you output latex from mathematica?

Yes...I don't know exactly how though. I tried it once with Mathematica 4.0 but it didn't work right...I needed a package I couldn't find to make it work right.

Oh man if i could output from mathematica, id be a god

Pengwuino said:
Oh man if i could output from mathematica, id be a god

Someone around PF was exporting mathematica output as Latex and used that to make really nice latex graphics of graphs and what not. Someone should be able to help you figure out how to do that.

I just checked and there is an option to output tex from mathematica. I tried it and I got some .eps files that I could open with photoshop, they have all the graphs and stuff, but they aren't that high of resolution, there's prolly an option in mathematica for that. They do have 100% transparancy where the pixels of the graph aren't, so it's easy to put the graph on any background you want... I just got mik tex installed and I'll try to see if i can find a way to use it with mathematica. BTW I'm using mathematica 5.

To use Mik Tex, you might need a tex editor such as:
http://www.winedt.com/

Last edited:

Related to Discover a Stand-Alone Latex Program for Effortless Code Generation

1. What is a stand-alone Latex program?

A stand-alone Latex program is a software tool that allows users to generate Latex code without the need for any other software or tools. It is a self-sufficient program that can be used to create high-quality Latex documents effortlessly.

2. How does a stand-alone Latex program make code generation effortless?

A stand-alone Latex program provides users with a user-friendly interface and various templates and tools to make the process of code generation easier. It eliminates the need for manual coding, which can be time-consuming and prone to errors.

3. What are the benefits of using a stand-alone Latex program?

Using a stand-alone Latex program can save users a significant amount of time and effort in generating Latex code. It also ensures accuracy and consistency in the code, resulting in high-quality documents. Additionally, it allows for customization and flexibility in document design.

4. Is a stand-alone Latex program suitable for all levels of users?

Yes, a stand-alone Latex program is designed to be user-friendly and accessible to users of all levels. It provides beginners with templates and tools to get started, while also offering advanced features for more experienced users.

5. Are there any limitations to using a stand-alone Latex program?

One limitation of using a stand-alone Latex program is that it may not have all the features and capabilities of a full Latex distribution. This may restrict the types of documents that can be generated. Additionally, it may not be compatible with all operating systems.