Differential equation for a vibration problem

In summary, the conversation discusses the given data for the acceleration of a component over time and the constants for the system. The conversation also mentions the construction of a third-degree equation, the generation of a differential equation, and solving for oscillation using given values. The person is seeking help in using software to generate graphs and obtain values for the equation.
Reno Nza

Homework Statement

The data given was the acceleration of the component over time, as below:
time | Acceleration (m/s²)
0 | 0
0,2 |3,61
0,4 |4,5
0,6 |5,4
0,8 |7,508
1 |12

-
The Rigidity constat is 12600000 [N/m] (for the spring)
The damping constant is 6500 [N/m] (for the damp)

The system has 2 of each.

Homework Equations

1. I was required to construct the 3rd degree equation
  2. Generate the differential equation
  3. Determine the oscilation
  4. Solve the equation knowing that y(0)=0 and y'(0)=0 (So i get Constant1 and Constant2)
  5. Generate graphics for y(t) from 0 < t < 3s

The Attempt at a Solution

For nº 1 i got the following:
f(t) = 3600 * (33,697*x^3 - 46,4018*x^2 + 24,693*x + 0,0615)

For nº 2:
Knoginw that, C=6500 * 2 = 13000 and K=12600000 *2 = 25200000

So,
3600*y''+13000*y'+25200000*y= 121309,2*x^3- 167043,6*x^2 + 88834,3*x + 221,4

for the particular solution i used:
A*x^3 + B*x^2 + C*x + D

got the info of A,B,C and D and replaced.

Got the following:
y(t) = e^-1,8*t * [C1*cos(83,647*t)+C2*sen(83,647*t)]+ 4,81*(10^-3) * t^3 - 6,64*(10^-3) * t^2 + 3,523*(10^-3) * t +1,57*10^-5

And the problem goes on...

What i need \/
The point is, I'd like to port all this info to Matlab or Geogebra or whatever software you recommend, but i have no idea on how to, would be anyone able to help ?

I'd like to get the A,B,C and D, plus C1 and C2 and them generate the graphs, all on the software, using the data given.

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Differential equation for a vibration problem

1. What is a differential equation for a vibration problem?

A differential equation for a vibration problem is a mathematical equation that describes the motion of a vibrating system. It takes into account factors such as the mass, stiffness, and damping of the system to determine the displacement, velocity, and acceleration of the vibrating object over time.

2. How are differential equations used in vibration problems?

Differential equations are used in vibration problems to model and analyze the behavior of vibrating systems. By solving the differential equation, we can determine the natural frequency of the system, which is important for understanding and controlling its vibrations.

3. What are the different types of differential equations used in vibration problems?

The two main types of differential equations used in vibration problems are ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and partial differential equations (PDEs). ODEs are used for modeling single-degree-of-freedom systems, while PDEs are used for more complex systems with multiple degrees of freedom and distributed parameters.

4. How are boundary conditions and initial conditions used in differential equations for vibration problems?

Boundary conditions and initial conditions are used to specify the behavior of the system at certain points in time or space. They are necessary for solving the differential equation and finding the solution that accurately represents the behavior of the vibrating system.

5. What are some real-world applications of differential equations for vibration problems?

Differential equations for vibration problems are used in many real-world applications, such as designing and analyzing structures like buildings, bridges, and airplanes to ensure they can withstand vibrations. They are also used in the study of earthquakes and other natural disasters, as well as in the development of technologies like musical instruments and earthquake-resistant buildings.