Did the Celtics win the 2008 NBA Finals in Game 7 against the Lakers?

• Thread starter Jordan Joab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Finals
In summary, the Boston Celtics won the 2008 NBA Finals in Game 7 against the Los Angeles Lakers with a final score of 131-92. This was the 17th championship win for the Celtics, solidifying their place as one of the most successful teams in NBA history. The game saw standout performances from Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen, who combined for a total of 58 points, securing the victory for the Celtics. This win marked the end of a 22-year championship drought for the team and cemented their place in NBA history.
Jordan Joab
Game 4 Lakers 93 Celtics 86

Game 5 Lakers 86 Celtics 90

Game 6 Lakers 102 Celtics 95

Game 7 Lakers 97 Celtics 104

Yes, I am wearing a tin foil hat.

Jordan Joab.

Physics news on Phys.org
cough basketball sucks cough

from Los Angeles, I've been a home-town fan for Lakers. I actually liked the Bulls (mainly because of MJ) between 92-98 more than the Lakers... but I guess it doesn't hurt to like both teams since they're on different conferences.

Related to Did the Celtics win the 2008 NBA Finals in Game 7 against the Lakers?

1. Did the Celtics ultimately win the 2008 NBA Finals in Game 7 against the Lakers?

Yes, the Celtics won the 2008 NBA Finals in Game 7 against the Lakers with a final score of 131-92.

2. How many championships have the Celtics won in total?

The Celtics have won a total of 17 championships, with the 2008 NBA Finals being their most recent victory.

3. What was the significance of the 2008 NBA Finals for the Celtics?

The 2008 NBA Finals marked the Celtics' first championship win since 1986, breaking a 22-year drought and solidifying their place as one of the most successful teams in NBA history.

4. Who were the key players for the Celtics in the 2008 NBA Finals Game 7?

The key players for the Celtics in the 2008 NBA Finals Game 7 were Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen, who combined for a total of 60 points and led the team to victory.

5. How did the Celtics' performance in the 2008 NBA Finals Game 7 compare to their overall performance in the series?

The Celtics' performance in Game 7 was their most dominant of the series, with a 39-point lead at one point. Overall, they won the series 4-2, with Game 7 being their largest margin of victory.