Designing a Faraday Generator Suit | Get Answers Here

In summary, the suit is designed to charge devices using Faraday generators. It is a bulky and heavy suit that would not be the most efficient way to harvest energy from body movements.
GoldenTurtle
Hello everyone, I need help designing a Faraday Generator suit.

It's basically a bunch of small Faraday generators (the kind used in flashlights), sewn into the fabric of outer clothing and connecting to batteries to charge them.

The problem is that I have no idea what it will take to make these small generator tubes.

I'm hoping for a max diameter of an inch and a max length of 3 inches.
I plan on using simple copper wiring, neodymium magnets, and plastic tubes.

Could you guys please fill me in on some equations I need to know, and how much power a single one of these generators can produce in an hour of steady, continuous use?

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
what is the application of this suit for? i don't see y one would want to wear a suit of generators. it seems...painful.

sparkey said:
what is the application of this suit for? i don't see y one would want to wear a suit of generators. it seems...painful.

It's to charge a cell phone, iPod, or multiple devices.

And they're sewn in so that they don't even touch the skin, they're embedded into gloves, boots, etc.

So are you going to HELP me or what?

i suppose the beginning then is do you know how to build a a Faraday Disc Generator?

They're NOT DISCS.
They're just like those rechargeable flashlight Faraday generators.

Last edited by a moderator:
The power generated is dependent on the size of the coil that you create and the intensity of the magnetic field.

i believe this is the formula that you may be looking for however
e = N(dΦ/dt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentor note: I had to edit this thread a bit to keep it on track.

GoldenTurtle -- sparkey is just pointing out that a suit like you propose, based on a number of induction coils responding to bounces of movement, would be bulky and heavy, and probably would not be the optimum way to harvest energy from body movements. I think this issue has been addressed elsewhere, and will see if I can find some info. You can also google something like energy harvesting from body movements...

Related to Designing a Faraday Generator Suit | Get Answers Here

1. What is a Faraday generator suit?

A Faraday generator suit is a type of protective suit designed to shield the wearer from the effects of electromagnetic fields. It is named after Michael Faraday, a scientist who discovered the principles of electromagnetic induction.

2. What is the purpose of a Faraday generator suit?

The purpose of a Faraday generator suit is to protect the wearer from exposure to high levels of electromagnetic radiation. This can be useful for individuals who work in industries where they are regularly exposed to such radiation, such as power plant workers or electricians.

3. How does a Faraday generator suit work?

A Faraday generator suit works by using conductive materials, such as metal mesh, to create a protective barrier around the wearer. This barrier blocks electromagnetic waves from reaching the wearer's body, keeping them safe from potential harm.

4. What are the potential risks of not wearing a Faraday generator suit?

The potential risks of not wearing a Faraday generator suit include exposure to high levels of electromagnetic radiation, which can lead to health issues such as burns, tissue damage, and even cancer. It can also cause interference with electronic devices and equipment.

5. Are there any limitations to using a Faraday generator suit?

While a Faraday generator suit can provide protection against most types of electromagnetic radiation, it may not be effective against all types, such as extremely low-frequency radiation. It also has limitations in terms of mobility and may not be suitable for all types of work environments.