Derive Wheatstone Bridge's equation

• Thread starter omelet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derive
In summary, the conversation is about deriving an equation and solving a problem involving resistors. The person asks for help and explains their attempt at solving the problem, mentioning a teacher's instruction and a suggested formula for solving the problem. They also mention their limited English skills and apologize for any mistakes. The responder asks for more details and definitions in order to better understand the problem and provide help.
omelet

Homework Statement

how to derive this equation?
WheatstoneBridge01EqF.gif

and

WheatstoneBridge01EqF2.gif

Homework Equations

WheatstoneBridge01EqE.gif

WheatstoneBridge01EqD.gif

The Attempt at a Solution

I try derive it that to cut out high degree part such as delta_R1*delta_R2
because my teacher told that is very small and near to zero. but I can't made it to that given form. And i think Resistance that have change must be equal like as fraction R1*R3=R2*R4 so (R1+delta_R1)(R2+delta_R2)=(R3+delta_R3)(R4+delta_R4)

Now, I made the last expression to

delta_Vo = [deltaR1/R1-deltaR2/R2+deltaR3/R3-deltaR4/R4]/[2*(1+deltaR3/R3+deltaR4/R4)*(1+(deltaR1+R1)/(deltaR2+R2))]Vs

this is my first time for this forum and my english is not good. so if i do something wrong or someone can't understand me I'm very apologize.

I'd appreciate if someone can help me or tell me if i do wrong way.

Thanks alot

Attachments

• WheatstoneBridge01EqF.gif
    WheatstoneBridge01EqF.gif
    931 bytes · Views: 422
Physics news on Phys.org
We need a statement of the problem, namely what are you looking for? What do the symbols that you use stand for? I can understand R1, but what is ΔR1? What about Vg and ΔVg? Are you trying to find how the bridge becomes unbalanced when you change the four resistors by small amounts? You should be providing the details and definitions and we should not be guessing what they are.

Likes DaveE

Related to Derive Wheatstone Bridge's equation

1. What is the Wheatstone Bridge's equation?

The Wheatstone Bridge's equation is a mathematical formula used to calculate the unknown resistance in a bridge circuit. It is represented as Rx = (R1 * R3) / (R2 * R4), where Rx is the unknown resistance and R1, R2, R3, and R4 are the known resistances in the circuit.

2. What is the purpose of the Wheatstone Bridge's equation?

The Wheatstone Bridge's equation is used to accurately measure the unknown resistance in a circuit. It is commonly used in electronic devices and systems to determine the value of a resistor or to detect changes in resistance.

3. Who invented the Wheatstone Bridge's equation?

The Wheatstone Bridge was invented by British scientist Sir Charles Wheatstone in 1843. He developed the bridge circuit as a way to accurately measure electrical resistances.

4. What are the applications of the Wheatstone Bridge's equation?

The Wheatstone Bridge's equation is used in a variety of applications, including strain gauge measurements, temperature sensors, and strain gauge pressure sensors. It is also commonly used in electronic instrumentation and control systems.

5. How is the Wheatstone Bridge's equation derived?

The Wheatstone Bridge's equation is derived using Kirchhoff's laws of circuit analysis. By applying Kirchhoff's voltage law and Kirchhoff's current law to the bridge circuit, we can create a system of equations that can be solved to find the value of the unknown resistance. This method was first described by Wheatstone in his seminal paper "An Account of Some Experiments to Determine the Laws of the Propagation of Electricity in Conducting Bodies" in 1843.