Delilah Radio Show: Listen & Enjoy Her Voice

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Radio
In summary, the caller says that she is happily married and has five children after meeting ten years later. Delilah plays a christian song and the caller says that she can't stand her. Delilah says that she knows the caller and that she will play a song.
rootX
Physics news on Phys.org
I'll listen to Delilah from time to time, when I'm in the mood for sugary-sweet, tug-at-your-heartstrings little stories. The music she plays is a bit too "soft" for my tastes, but she does have a great radio voice.

I didn't realize her show was syndicated - I thought it was local (or, are you in the Seattle area, too?).

lisab said:
I'll listen to Delilah from time to time, when I'm in the mood for sugary-sweet, tug-at-your-heartstrings little stories. The music she plays is a bit too "soft" for my tastes, but she does have a great radio voice.

I didn't realize her show was syndicated - I thought it was local (or, are you in the Seattle area, too?).

weird ...
I thought she's from Toronto.

I really love those soft songs :)

Oh she's that Christian lady that they have on here on the easy listening radio. I only hear her at Christmastime when I listen to that station for the Christmas songs.

CAN'T STAND HER!

John Tesh?? :eek:

Evo said:
Oh she's that Christian lady that they have on here on the easy listening radio. I only hear her at Christmastime when I listen to that station for the Christmas songs.

CAN'T STAND HER!

John Tesh?? :eek:

I was listening to him again ... he gives really good advices about general stuff like
Kids/Family
Dating & Relationships
Vacation & Travel
Pets
Health & Well-Being
Diet & Fitness
Home & Food
Money & Finance
Random Intelligence
Computers & Tech
Workplace
Marriage/Relationships
Better Yourself
Intelligent Kindness

http://www.tesh.com/

and, delilah wrote a book on relationships :)

Ugh! I can't stand Delilah! Fortunately, none of our local stations here carry her show. I used to be trapped when I was still a post-doc. Her show was on the only radio station strong enough to get reception in the lab (yes folks, this was before the days of iPods), and was on in the early evening when I'd be working almost every night. She's nauseatingly sappy. But, it was either listen to her show or the hum of freezers...some nights it was a tough call.

And yes, it's syndicated. She was on one of those Clear Channel ick stations.

She makes me want to puke.

Caller: Yeah, I ran into this guy at the mall, and oh my god Delilah, ten years later we are happily married and have five kids. How can anyone rationalize what has happened to me? It's otherworldly Delilah!

Delilah: I know there caller. Well, you take care now, I'll play you a song

*Christian song comes on*

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Ugh! I can't stand Delilah! Fortunately, none of our local stations here carry her show. I used to be trapped when I was still a post-doc. Her show was on the only radio station strong enough to get reception in the lab (yes folks, this was before the days of iPods), and was on in the early evening when I'd be working almost every night. She's nauseatingly sappy. But, it was either listen to her show or the hum of freezers...some nights it was a tough call.

And yes, it's syndicated. She was on one of those Clear Channel ick stations.

I just don't understand what's so wrong with her!

I often listen to her around midnight in my lab. I love some touching stories, her voice, the way she talks, and sweet-soft [non-christian] songs she plays!

(But, I really wouldn't want to be around a person who talks like that 24/7.)

Anyone else still listens to radio? I prefer listening to the radio on the internet than playing youtube/imeem,,

Last edited:
She's CREEPY!

I just checked a couple of Delilah clips. OMG

The authorities should pipe her show into the holding cells of every suspect in a crime until they crack and blurt out the truth in a plea for mercy. People subsequently convicted of such crimes could choose life imprisonment with 24/7 Delilah piped into their cells, or death. No more prison overcrowding.

I hope everyone realizes that I'm just ranting on the truly execrable "quality" of this show. Man! listening to that is bad. Waterboarding might be preferable.

turbo-1 said:

The authorities should pipe her show into the holding cells of every suspect in a crime until they crack and blurt out the truth in a plea for mercy. People subsequently convicted of such crimes could choose life imprisonment with 24/7 Delilah piped into their cells, or death. No more prison overcrowding.

I hope everyone realizes that I'm just ranting on the truly execrable "quality" of this show. Man! listening to that is bad. Waterboarding might be preferable.

:smile:

Wow!
I din't know she's that bad :cry:

People listen to this?!

This is why people are such babies in relationships.

Tesh?

TESH?

"Wisdom" and "Tesh" in the same sentence?

The same Tesh who is a Yanni Wannabe, and said during the 92 Olympics something like "according to the histrionics of this contestation..."?

TESH?

turbo-1 said:

:smile: That is how I feel about her show. Unfortunately on the Christmas station, she's on at night. Listening to her makes you want to pluck your eyeballs out with a fork.

Chi Meson said:
Tesh?

TESH?

"Wisdom" and "Tesh" in the same sentence?

The same Tesh who is a Yanni Wannabe, and said during the 92 Olympics something like "according to the histrionics of this contestation..."?

TESH?
Since cyrus is on a temp vacation, I'll say it. ahahahahaha

http://imgsrv.itm-3022.com/image/wlte/UserFiles/Image/delilah.jpg pic of the infamous Delilah.

Last edited by a moderator:
~christina~ said:
http://imgsrv.itm-3022.com/image/wlte/UserFiles/Image/delilah.jpg pic of the infamous Delilah.

I always envisioned her from the voice as being black.

Last edited by a moderator:
We get Delilah in Georgia however I'm not certain if she is the same woman being referred to in this post. She appears on a secular radio station and advises people on love and relationships ... she seems Christian however.

GCT said:
We get Delilah in Georgia however I'm not certain if she is the same woman being referred to in this post. She appears on a secular radio station and advises people on love and relationships ... she seems Christian however.

That's her.

GCT said:

Yea, I don't think she ever mentioned Christianity in her show
(but I don't listen to radio near Christmas days ..)

turbo-1 said:

:smile: EXACTLY!

Related to Delilah Radio Show: Listen & Enjoy Her Voice

1. What is the purpose of the Delilah Radio Show?

The Delilah Radio Show is a nationally syndicated radio program that focuses on relationships, love, and life. It primarily features music and stories submitted by listeners, as well as advice and support from host Delilah.

2. How long has the Delilah Radio Show been on air?

The Delilah Radio Show has been on air since 1996, making it one of the longest-running syndicated radio shows in the United States.

3. Where can I listen to the Delilah Radio Show?

The Delilah Radio Show can be heard on over 200 radio stations across the United States and Canada, as well as online through various streaming platforms.

4. Who is Delilah, the host of the radio show?

Delilah, also known as Delilah Rene, is a radio personality and author. She has been hosting the Delilah Radio Show since its inception in 1996 and has won numerous awards for her work in radio.

5. Can I submit a song or story to be featured on the Delilah Radio Show?

Yes, the Delilah Radio Show welcomes submissions from listeners. You can submit a song or story through their official website or by calling the show during broadcast hours.