Decline and fall of the Nobel Peace Prize

• News
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fall
In summary: Nobel prize. They should give it for something concrete that Obama has done.In summary, the Nobel Committee has awarded President Barack Obama the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people. While this is a good thing, I think it was premature to give the prize to him. His achievements are not yet concrete enough.

turbo-1 said:
In this case, Obama did not seek the award - it was bestowed upon him by an independent committee, but still it is used as en excuse to attack him.
I guess I haven't been following the thread closely, but I thought we* were using the award to attack the Nobel Prize Committee? (And to a lesser extent, the politicians who have decided to play along with it)

*: And that includes you, at least originally.

Physics news on Phys.org

Gokul43201 said:
If this isn't one of the greatest misrepresentations of the word "week"...

And I obviously meant, "during the past year". But at least you have now graduated from making no contribution at all, to nitpicking language errors. Congrats!

Excuse me sir, you have made an error!

The post that you respond to was my response to turbo-1, you you.

I will graciously ignore this error, but must ask. What did Obama do during the past year, prior to when the nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize were closed?

Locked.

Last edited: