Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

De l'Hospital's theorem - proof

Arnold

Jan 11, 2013
I was wondering if you know if there is an English version of Tadeusz Wazewski's proof of de l'Hospital's theorem which is available here in French : Biblioteka Wirtualna Nauki

But (unfortunately) I don't speak French.

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
I can't find a translation online. That said, it's only a few pages long. I should be able to translate it for you, if you're interested. Just let me know and give me a few hours.

Arnold

Jan 11, 2013
If you would be so kind. I would really appreciate it :)

Thank you a lot :)

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Halfway through... I wish the .tex was available, it would make translating a breeze. Typesetting the entire thing up is incredibly error-prone, especially with the tedious notation used. By the way, some terms used in the paper seem to have no english equivalent - I translated them best I can but I can't guarantee accuracy.

EDIT: typesetting complete - proofreading now.
EDIT: proofreading complete - formatting now.
EDIT: formatting complete.

Last edited:

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Here you go. Apparently I can't upload a PDF larger than 97.7KB on the forum, so find attached the .tex file, and the link to the PDF file below:

http://www.filedropper.com/hopital

Let's hope it's readable and I didn't mess up too much, I am unfamiliar with the notation.

Attachments

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I wish to commend your efforts, Bacterius, for going the extra mile for one of our new users! :cool:

Good work! (Yes)

Arnold

Jan 11, 2013
Thank you very much :)