Curiosity about contemporany Physics

In summary, the conversation is about a Brazilian 12th grade high school student who is interested in learning more about physics but feels limited due to their country's lack of emphasis on science and their age/education level. They have already researched and read about topics like HEP, Antimatter, Astrophysics, Particle Physics, and Quantum Mechanics, but are looking for more obscure areas that are not typically covered in high school. They mention being particularly interested in Experimental Physics and appreciate any recommendations from others.
Brunnun
Hey guys. As I have said in my first post here, I'm a Brazilian 12th Grade HS student, and the combination of a country that does not value science much (not that I blame my ignorance on the country, obviously) and my age/education (the last thing we learn in school here is EM) made me ignorant about probably some awesome and interesting areas of Physics, as some of you showed me in my first post. I only have researched and read about things like HEP, Antimatter, Astrophysics, Particle Physics and Quantum Mechanics. If some of you have some time, I would appreciate if you could point me to some interesting but more obscure (for most HS students) areas. I have heard a little about Condensed Matter, but not much.
Thanks to anyone that reply :)

Physics news on Phys.org
(Specially interested in Experimental Physics, as I've mostly read about Theoretical)

Related to Curiosity about contemporany Physics

1. What is the current state of modern physics?

The current state of modern physics is constantly evolving and expanding as scientists continue to make new discoveries and advancements. Currently, there are several major areas of study in modern physics, including quantum mechanics, relativity, cosmology, and particle physics.

2. How does modern physics impact our daily lives?

Modern physics has had a significant impact on our daily lives through the development of technologies such as computers, smartphones, and GPS navigation systems. It has also led to advancements in medical imaging and treatment, renewable energy sources, and space exploration.

3. What is the role of experimentation in modern physics?

Experimentation is crucial in modern physics as it allows scientists to test and validate their theories and hypotheses. Through experiments, scientists can gather data and make observations that can further our understanding of the physical world and lead to new discoveries.

4. What are some current challenges in modern physics?

Some current challenges in modern physics include understanding the nature of dark matter and dark energy, unifying the theories of relativity and quantum mechanics, and exploring the possibility of multiple dimensions and parallel universes.

5. How can individuals learn more about modern physics?

Individuals can learn more about modern physics through various mediums, such as books, documentaries, and online resources. They can also attend lectures and seminars, join discussion groups, and even participate in citizen science projects to further their understanding of the subject.