How can artificial gravity be created for space exploration?

In summary: There's a general discussion about this on Wiki but you can do the sums yourself (a = (2πf)2/r) and play with the variables to give you g at floor level and to see what it's like at 2m height. The Coriolis force is something that any experienced (large boat) sailor could adapt to, I'm sure. I would think that sky rotation would need to be kept to much less than 1rpm to avoid visual... discomfort? disorientation?
Digcoal said:
Our current state of technology is a series of realized ‘fiction.’
If you made two lists of SciFi ideas, with the fruitful ones in one list and the dead ends in the other, I think the dead ends would be in a huge majority. But that isn't a criticism of SciFi literature; a random bit of SciFi will be about as 'valuable' as any other bit of fiction.

We're straying into the realms of semantics. But I would disagree with the idea that 'fiction' is necessarily the route to technological solutions. Very often, it's Maths and concentrated thought that yield to advances in technology. The process of invention is very varied and will depend on the individual. But so much technological advance these days is based on group discussion.
But if you want to define fiction appropriately then you can get any answer you want to this question.

Physics news on Phys.org
sophiecentaur said:
Very often, it's Maths and concentrated thought that yield to advances in technology.
And the cases where it is not are usually happy accidents followed by carefully digging into a “that was weird”. Such happy accidents are hard for sci-fi writers to predict.

Any way, let’s not divert to a discussion about sci-fi

Likes sophiecentaur