Creating a Login Page on My Website: Need Help

• Thread starter wafa1230
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user having difficulty creating a second page on their website. They have a valid HTML file saved on the server and a link to it on the site, but it is displaying as code instead of the page. Suggestions are made to check if the file is a valid HTML file and to try accessing it directly through the URL. The conversation ends with a suggestion to visit w3school for help.
wafa1230
I am trying to make another page on my website where users can go login. The problem is I can't figure out how to make the second page on the site. I have a html file saved on the server along with the home page. I have a link to the html page on the site but it shows all the code. Can anybody help me?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't really get what your problem is. If you have a valid 2nd HTML file and you link to it, it should display the page it represents. If it displays "code" then it must not be a valid HTML file. In other words, if it displays "code", it is not interpreting valid HTML tags, it's just treating them as text (because they are NOT valid HTML)

Can you just post a link so we can see it for ourselves? If not, can you just take the two html pages and put them in a zip and then host that somewhere so we can download and look at them? Or you could use a site like pastebin to paste the text of the html files and then link them here.

Barring all that, what happens when you try to directly access the 2nd page by just entering the URL?

Some simple things ... like asking if it's plugged in. lol

Is the extension on the filename correct? .html .htm ?/make it same as the page that works.

In the file itself, do you identify it as an html file? <html> tag for example.

Don't mean to insult you, but this sounds like some simple oversight.

Ken

phinds said:
I don't really get what your problem is. If you have a valid 2nd HTML file and you link to it, it should display the page it represents. If it displays "code" then it must not be a valid HTML file. In other words, if it displays "code", it is not interpreting valid HTML tags, it's just treating them as text (because they are NOT valid HTML)

You should visit w3school, you can got any solution of your problem using this site.

OP appears to be a drive-by

Related to Creating a Login Page on My Website: Need Help

1. How can I create a login page on my website?

Creating a login page on your website requires some basic knowledge of web development and programming. First, you will need to design the layout of your login page and create a form that collects the user's login information. Then, you will need to use a server-side scripting language such as PHP or ASP to handle the login credentials and verify them against a database. Finally, you will need to use a secure method such as HTTPS to transmit the login information to the server.

2. Do I need to store the login information in a database?

Yes, it is important to store the login information in a database for security purposes. Storing the information in a database allows for encryption and secure handling of sensitive data. It also allows for better management and retrieval of user information.

3. How can I ensure the security of my login page?

To ensure the security of your login page, you should use a combination of security measures. These include using HTTPS for secure data transmission, implementing password encryption, and using measures such as captcha to prevent automated login attempts. It is also important to regularly update and maintain your website's security protocols to prevent any vulnerabilities.

4. Can I use a pre-made login page template?

Yes, you can use pre-made login page templates for your website. However, it is important to make sure that the template is secure and meets your website's specific needs. It is also recommended to customize the template to match the design and branding of your website.

5. Are there any alternative methods for user authentication on my website?

Yes, there are alternative methods for user authentication on your website, such as using third-party authentication services like Google or Facebook. This allows users to log in using their existing accounts on these platforms, eliminating the need for them to create a new account on your website. However, it is important to note that this method may not be suitable for all websites and may require additional integration and security measures.