Cosmology Conferences: Find the Perfect Fit for Your Paper

• Thread starter kabil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cosmology
In summary, the conversation discusses the best options for publishing cosmology related papers. The suggestion is to submit to a journal instead of a conference proceeding, with the Astrophysical Journal, Astronomy & Astrophysics, or Nature/Science being recommended for important results. It is also advised to consider journals that are regularly read and have published related works.
kabil
Hi all,

I am new here. Can you please give me a list of good conferences for publishing cosmology related papers?

Physics news on Phys.org
Typically you'd only submit to a conference proceeding if you attended and contributed to the conference. Why don't you send it to a journal instead? Which one would depend on the actual topic.

Ok. Can you please give a good list of Cosmology journals?

There are probably actual cosmology journals, but most of the people doing cosmology I've worked with send things either to the Astrophysical Journal (if they're in the US) or Astronomy & Astrophysics (Europe) or Nature/Science (if it's an important result).

The usual rule is to send the paper to a journal you are reading regularly. If you're not reading any (and it sounds like you are not), how do you know that your work is unique, interesting, relevant and not in conflict with measurements?

To add on to Vanadium 50's reply, if you do research, presumably you have read related/prior works by other people, and many of these would have been published, so you can look at which journals they are published in. Those would be the journals you might want to try to submit to.

Related to Cosmology Conferences: Find the Perfect Fit for Your Paper

1. What is cosmology?

Cosmology is the study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe. It involves understanding the laws of physics and using observations and data to explain the behavior of the universe on a large scale.

2. What is the purpose of a cosmology conference?

The purpose of a cosmology conference is to bring together scientists, researchers, and scholars from all over the world to share their latest findings and discoveries in the field of cosmology. It allows for collaboration, discussion, and the exchange of ideas to advance our understanding of the universe.

3. How do I find the right cosmology conference for my paper?

There are a few ways to find the right cosmology conference for your paper. You can search for conferences in your specific area of research, look at the conference's past speakers and topics to see if it aligns with your paper, and consider the location and dates of the conference to see if it is feasible for you to attend.

4. What should I expect at a cosmology conference?

At a cosmology conference, you can expect to attend presentations and talks from experts in the field, participate in discussions and debates, and have the opportunity to network and collaborate with other researchers. There may also be workshops, poster sessions, and social events to enhance your conference experience.

5. How do I submit a paper to a cosmology conference?

The submission process for a cosmology conference can vary, but it typically involves submitting an abstract or summary of your paper to the conference organizers. This may include a deadline, specific formatting requirements, and a review process. Be sure to carefully read the conference guidelines and follow the instructions for submission.