Cosmology and Particle Physics enthusiast, but no formal scientific training

• Thread starter ArcLight
  • Start date
In summary, a cosmology and particle physics enthusiast is someone who has a strong interest in understanding the origins and composition of the universe, as well as the fundamental building blocks of matter. However, they do not possess any formal scientific training in these fields. Despite this, they are still able to engage in complex discussions and theories surrounding these topics and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field. They may also have a passion for exploring the unknown and seeking answers to some of the biggest questions in science.
ArcLight
How did you find PF?
I was searching for more information on Inflation as advocated by Alan Guth.
I have listened to various interviews with Alan Guth, Andre Linde, Leonard Susskind, Sean Carrol, etc and am interested in both Cosmology the nature of the universe. Multiverse, Many Worlds, Quantum Gravity, Black Holes, String Theory, possible wormholes explaining how quantum information inside a black hole is not lost, all kinds of interesting ideas.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello @ArcLight , :welcome: !

I see you're already engaged in a thread on something exotic. Don't be discouraged by the atmosphere: PF giants know a lot more than we earthlings -- but the other side of that is that they also know that there is much more we (including them) don't know.
Keep up the curiosity !

Likes ArcLight