Cosmological principle and quasar distribution

In summary: Yes you can. If quasars died out everywhere around the same time, then everyone existing at the present day will see the same... quasar void?
TrickyDicky said:
Nope, that's not my issue at all AFAIK. I was the first to remark that in previous posts.
I asked some questions related to what had been discussed before, but nevermind, in some other universe of our multiverse surely you can see what I mean :wink:
Well, I know you've said it, but it doesn't seem to me that you've understood the implications.

Space news on Phys.org
How about reverting to the balloon model to illustrate this?

The balloon radius is the analogy of the global time. If things have moved around a little on the surface during history, then their path as the balloon expanded may have been a little different from a straight radius, so their proper time may vary a little, but not very much, as the ratio of sideways to radial motion is like the ratio of the speed to c, so it is really tiny.

What we see when we look at far away objects is what was happening when the balloon was smaller. Everyone sees the same thing at a given distance, but the properties at that distance reflect the state of the surface of the balloon at that past time.

The global time is not like a synchronized local SR flat space coordinate system. That would be like sticking a flat piece of card to the balloon, which obviously only works for a small area. When we want to discuss the evolution of distant objects, we don't mean in terms of a synchronized local SR coordinate system, but rather in terms of an approximate age in terms of their own proper time since the big bang.

Last edited: