Conveyor Engineer/Conveyor Engineering

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on how to advance in their current job at an Automakers company, specifically in regards to becoming a Conveyor Engineer. They are looking for information on essential knowledge, understanding, and calculations related to this field. They are also open to any helpful feedback or answers from their colleagues.
TheRainMan
Hi to all my colleagues,

I am working now days for a Automakers company and I need to be promoted ...

What is the essentials to know that makes us Mechanical Engineers to be called Conveyor Engineers!
What I should know?
What I should understand?
What I should know to calculate?
and ... Etc ... of questions ...

Please help and I will be appreciative for any helpful feedback and answers

Thank You All ...

Luke

Physics news on Phys.org
TheRainMan said:
Hi to all my colleagues,

I am working now days for a Automakers company and I need to be promoted ...

What is the essentials to know that makes us Mechanical Engineers to be called Conveyor Engineers!
What I should know?
What I should understand?
What I should know to calculate?
and ... Etc ... of questions ...

Please help and I will be appreciative for any helpful feedback and answers

Thank You All ...

Luke

Welcome back to the PF!

I'm not sure that your post is translating very well into English. A conveyor is a pretty simple apparatus, and doesn't seem to warrant a different engineering degree or specialty. Could you say more about the work you do presently and what you want to be doing in the future? Can you post some pictures as well? :smile:

Related to Conveyor Engineer/Conveyor Engineering

1. What is a conveyor engineer/conveyor engineering?

A conveyor engineer/conveyor engineering is a specialized field of engineering that focuses on the design, development, and optimization of conveyor systems. These systems are used to transport materials, products, and goods from one location to another within a production facility or warehouse. Conveyor engineers are responsible for creating efficient and effective conveyor systems that meet the specific needs of their clients.

2. What are the key skills and qualifications required to become a conveyor engineer?

To become a conveyor engineer, one must have a strong background in mechanical engineering, as well as knowledge of electrical and automation systems. Other important skills include problem-solving, critical thinking, and project management. Most conveyor engineers also have a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field and may obtain additional certifications or training in conveyor systems.

3. What are the main components of a conveyor system?

The main components of a conveyor system include the conveyor belt, rollers, motors, drives, and control systems. The conveyor belt is the most critical component as it carries the materials or products from one point to another. The rollers support and guide the belt, while the motors and drives power the system. Control systems are used to monitor and control the speed, direction, and other aspects of the conveyor system.

4. What are the different types of conveyor systems?

There are several types of conveyor systems, including belt conveyors, roller conveyors, chain conveyors, screw conveyors, and pneumatic conveyors. Each type has its own unique features and uses, and conveyor engineers must consider various factors such as the type of material being transported, the distance, and the speed requirements when selecting the appropriate type of conveyor system for a specific application.

5. What are the benefits of using a conveyor system?

Conveyor systems offer numerous benefits, including increased efficiency, faster production, reduced labor costs, and improved safety. They also allow for better organization and control of materials and products, leading to a more streamlined production process. Additionally, conveyor systems can be customized and optimized to fit the specific needs of a production facility, making them a valuable asset for many industries.