Conversations, how do I respond?

• Thread starter Feodalherren
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the difficulty in finding the "reply" button in a conversation and the solution that it is located on the bottom right of the screen. The color of the button is light gray and can be seen by hovering the mouse over it. The issue may also be due to the other member leaving the conversation. The conversation ends with the realization that the issue has been resolved.
Feodalherren
So I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where on Earth the button to respond to a "conversation" is...? Help?

Physics news on Phys.org
There's a "reply" button on the bottom right of the screen, the same as in a regular post like this one. It automatically ships your message to the sender's inbox.

I can't find it...

Feodalherren said:
I can't find it...
The color of the reply is a light gray and might be hard for you to see. Hover your mouse pointer over it and it darkens. See attachment.

?temp_hash=0d04387d8b78754d0e174edac009a315.jpg

Attachments

• reply.jpg
    reply.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 479
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Untitled.png

Nothing there... :/

Feodalherren said:
It could be the other member left the conversation

Likes dlgoff
Ah. That makes sense. Nevermind then.

Feodalherren said:
Untitled.png

I've never seen a screen that looked like that, so I'm not sure, but 1) that doesn't look like any message that I've ever received so there's nothing to respond to, and B) your right-hand scroll bar isn't all the way down.

edit: Never mind; I see that it's been dealt with.

Related to Conversations, how do I respond?

1. How do I start a conversation?

To start a conversation, you can simply introduce yourself and ask an open-ended question. This will encourage the other person to respond and engage in a conversation with you.

2. How do I keep a conversation going?

One way to keep a conversation going is to actively listen to the other person and ask follow-up questions. You can also share your own experiences and thoughts related to the topic being discussed.

3. What do I do if the conversation becomes awkward or uncomfortable?

If the conversation becomes awkward or uncomfortable, try changing the subject or asking the other person about their interests. You can also politely excuse yourself from the conversation if necessary.

4. How do I respond if I don't know much about the topic being discussed?

It's okay to admit that you don't know much about a certain topic. You can ask the other person to tell you more about it or share your own perspective and ask for their thoughts.

5. How do I end a conversation?

To end a conversation, you can thank the other person for their time and say goodbye. You can also suggest continuing the conversation at a later time or exchanging contact information to stay in touch.