Control bar rendering wrong today in Silk (Kindle Fire HD8)

• Thread starter The Bill
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with the control bar rendering incorrectly on Silk browser on a Kindle Fire HD8 device. It could be due to a software update, browser bug, or device settings. Possible solutions include clearing cache and cookies, updating Silk, or resetting device display settings. While there have been reports of similar issues, it is not widespread and using a different browser may help. It is possible that the issue will be fixed in a future update.
The Bill
The status and menu bar at the top of the page is rendering very wrong today in the Silk browser on my Kindle Fire HD 8.

Here's a sanitized full screen screenshot:

Screenshot_20220913-131103.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Silk is not supported. I would download Chrome or Firefox.

Related to Control bar rendering wrong today in Silk (Kindle Fire HD8)

1. Why is the control bar rendering incorrectly on my Silk browser on my Kindle Fire HD8?

This could be due to a number of reasons, such as a recent update to the Silk browser or a compatibility issue with your device. It is recommended to check for any available updates and also try clearing the browser's cache and cookies.

2. Can I fix the control bar rendering issue myself?

If the issue is related to a compatibility problem, unfortunately there may not be a way to fix it on your own. However, you can try adjusting the display settings on your device or using a different browser to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Is this a common problem with Silk on Kindle Fire HD8?

There have been some reports of control bar rendering issues on Silk browser for Kindle Fire HD8, but it is not a widespread problem. It is recommended to reach out to Amazon support for further assistance.

4. Will resetting my device fix the control bar rendering issue?

Resetting your device may help resolve the issue if it is related to a software glitch. However, it is always recommended to back up your data before performing a reset.

5. Is there a way to prevent this issue from happening in the future?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to prevent this issue from happening again in the future. However, keeping your device and browser up to date and clearing the cache and cookies regularly can help prevent similar issues from occurring.