'Contact' page broken

• Bug
  • Thread starter Shealen Fairchild
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bug Contact
Shealen Fairchild
I have tried on different machines and browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari); the latest upgrade of Windows 10, as well as up-to-date MacOS 14.

When clicking the 'CONTACT' button in the footer bar, I do not seem to be logged in on that page. Trying to click 'LOG IN' in the header bar on that page gives the following error:

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

Additionally, regardless of the content entered into the 4 required fields ('Your name', 'Your email address', 'Subject', and 'Message'), the above error appears.

I have attempted this multiple times, with weeks in between attempts, and at different times of day, so I don't think it is just a laggy server issue.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Shealen Fairchild said:
When clicking the 'CONTACT' button in the footer menu bar, I do not seem to be logged in on that page. Trying to click 'LOG IN' in the header bar on that page gives the following error:
Can you upload a screenshot? I don't think I have a "contact" link in my profile...

berkeman said:
Can you upload a screenshot? I don't think I have a "contact" link in my profile...
1714181851919.png

this is the footer bar i am referencing (scroll to the bottom of the page on any part of the website).

Likes phinds
Shealen Fairchild said:
When clicking the 'CONTACT' button in the footer bar

berkeman said:
I don't think I have a "contact" link in my profile...
There you go again, off on the wrong foot. :oldlaugh:

You are not alone @Shealen Fairchild

Icon for www.physicsforums.com
www.physicsforums.com

Verify you are human by completing the action below.​

www.physicsforums.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.

That blank line in the middle starts as: "Verifying you are human" "CLOUDFLAIR"

Then transitions to:
a checkbox labeled "Verify you are human"

Clicking in the box enters a Check Mark in it; then the process repeats ad nauseam.