Conquer Your Chem Finals: Effective Study Strategies for Comprehensive Exams

In summary, the student is nervous about the coming soon exam in Chemistry and is not sure of a good study strategy. The student recommends reviewing previous exams and taking notes from the instructor, as well as trying to understand the concepts well.
MichaelXY
I have a final coming soon in Chemistry, and it is going to be comprehensive. I am really nervous about it, and I am not sure of a good study strategy. I know I can't read the entire book in a week, so I was hoping someone might have a good study plan for a comprehensive exam.

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Pevious papers and a read through of your lecture notes?

I do take notes, and I try to copy down everything the instructor writes. Only things is that after about a week, I go back to my notes and they don't seem to make much sense, but I get your point. The only papers we have are our previous exams, I guess I will go through those.

old exams, if you have no knowledge, or didn't learn over the year, just write old exams, that's how I got 60s without going to class :D

Over the year! It was an 8 week course. It felt like I barely learned one chapter and we were off to the next.

Does your teacher give you the format of the exam? that can help out. If its more conceptual then your notes should help if its more calculations then doing old tests should help. If its true false and or multiple choice then again more notes should help out, and that should let you know that the calculations can't be too terrible else it would be a short exam.
The chem exams I took were mainly multiple choice with small short answer questions to test know;edge of concepts. Then 3 or 4 longer calculation problems. I would say having a strong grasp of the concepts should give a good shot if nothing else. Try hard to understand your notes. Maybe ask a friend if you can look at their notes, or better yet find a study group to join up with

Actually, the only thing my teacher told us is that there will be a couple of questions from each chapter, and there is 16 chaps. In past exams there were no multiple choice, mostly equations. So I think I will concentrate on the math part.
Thanks for the advice.

Related to Conquer Your Chem Finals: Effective Study Strategies for Comprehensive Exams

1. What makes "Conquer Your Chem Finals" different from other study guides?

"Conquer Your Chem Finals" is specifically tailored for comprehensive chemistry exams. It provides effective strategies and tips for studying and retaining large amounts of information, as well as practice problems and review questions to help you prepare for your specific exam.

2. How can this guide help me improve my grades in chemistry?

This guide focuses on not only understanding the material, but also on effective study techniques and time management. By following the tips and strategies outlined in "Conquer Your Chem Finals", you can improve your overall understanding and retention of the material, leading to better grades in your chemistry exams.

3. Is this guide suitable for all levels of chemistry courses?

Yes, "Conquer Your Chem Finals" is designed to be helpful for students at any level of chemistry, from introductory courses to advanced courses. The study strategies and tips can be applied to any type of chemistry exam, making it a valuable resource for all students.

4. Can this guide be used for other science subjects?

While "Conquer Your Chem Finals" is specifically focused on chemistry exams, many of the study strategies and tips can be applied to other science subjects as well. The general study techniques and time management tips can be useful for any comprehensive science exam.

5. How can I access "Conquer Your Chem Finals"?

"Conquer Your Chem Finals" is available as a digital download, making it easily accessible for all students. You can purchase and download the guide from the recommended website, and have it available to use on your computer or mobile device.