Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Congratulate our Second MHB Ambassador, MarkFL!

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks to his amazing email campaign (in conjunction with Sudharaka) as well as Yahoo Answers posts (but mostly the email campaign), MarkFL has amply demonstrated that he has gone the extra mile to bring MHB to the public eye. Therefore, it is with great pleasure that the staff of MHB awards him the MHB Ambassador badge. Well done, MarkFL!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
You guys have made it very easy to become motivated to promote our site. The feel of community, the responsive, active and dedicated administrators and staff, the never-ending quest to improve and add to the features here all combine to make this a very worthwhile site on which to participate.

I am very pleased to be a part of it, and eagerly anticipate watching our continued growth and success! (Party)

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Congratulation Mark, I hope I become a member in the embassy :cool:

Besides , what is that email campaign ?

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Congratulation Mark, I hope I become a member in the embassy :cool:
You can look here to see what sorts of things we look for in earning this badge.

MarkFL and Sudharaka have been looking at various universities across the Americas, and emailing the math professors a standard form.

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
(Party)Mark truly deserv it! He is such a great person and helpfull! (Dance)(Music)(Music)(Yes)(Cake)
keep doing your awsome job as you usually do :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

Initially, Sudharaka came up with a plan to send email invitations to professors and grad students at various universities to invite them to check us out, give us feedback, and recommend us to their students as a useful online resource for online help. Together, we have sent out well over 1000 emails so far in just the last two weeks or so, and we have gotten some favorable responses, and new members as a result.

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
Congratulations again MarkFL! (Party)
As I said before, you are sure dedicated to this site! (Whew)

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
Hey Mark! Congrats to you and I know you must be over the moon for receiving the Ambassador's badge from the admins of the site because I know how much you have longed to become an ambassador and how much effort you have made to let the world know of the site!:)

One small advice, Mark, please remember that you too have a real life and people who love you to care for!

I am thinking now that I should be entitled to something too because I am the one who brought you here...what do you think, Ackbach?:eek::p

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hey Mark! Congrats to you and I know you must be over the moon for receiving the Ambassador's badge from the admins of the site because I know how much you have longed to become an ambassador and how much effort you have made to let the world know of the site!:)
Thank you...yes it is quite an honor to join Sudharaka in the "triple threat" club! (Rock)

One small advice, Mark, please remember that you too have a real life and people who love you to care for!
Ouch! I will bear this advice in mind. (Tauri)(Nod)

I am thinking now that I should be entitled to something too because I am the one who brought you here...what do you think, Ackbach?:eek::p
(Giggle)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
+1 to anemone for the "assist". :)

Congratulations Mark! (Party)

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi Mark, (Wave)

Congratulations for the ambassador title. The badge is the most flashy one among the lot and my personal favorite. The added benefit is that you could always change your permission group to ambassadors and your name will start appearing in red. :)

Together, we have sent out well over 1000 emails so far in just the last two weeks or so, and we have gotten some favorable responses, and new members as a result.
Let me add something; I only sent about 60 emails whereas Mark has sent more than 1000. (Giggle)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks to everyone for their warm congrats...it has been a great last few days for me here...I have:

• been awarded the Ambassador's badge
  • become the most thanked member
  • reached over 1,000 posts
  • scored 4,711,610 points playing Tetris

(Party)

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
(Tauri) That particular game took over 94 minutes. (Giggle)

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
Honestly , how much time have you spent on that :eek:
He got a cheat he dont wanna share, that is my suspicion :). (Im just joking but still can't believe how high record he got:()

Last edited by a moderator: