Confused about tiny issues in backend software development

• Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
In summary, backend software development can be a complex and technical process, and it is common to encounter confusion over small details or issues. This can be due to the intricate nature of coding, debugging, and troubleshooting. It is important for developers to pay attention to these tiny issues, as they can have a significant impact on the overall functionality and performance of the software. Proper documentation, communication, and thorough testing can help to mitigate confusion and ensure a smooth development process.
shivajikobardan
TL;DR Summary
How to learn how files are connected to each other, routing,database connection in software development?
These are the things in backend that confuse me a lot.
https://github.com/Lucifergene/Docker-Mern

Let's take this code for example.
Say I'm in server folder.

I can't understand how config models routes and index.js relate to each other. And how do I write one?

Even for client part, I've trouble in understanding how files relate to each other.

For example, I'm here. https://github.com/Lucifergene/Docker-Mern/tree/master/client/app

I've tough time understanding how those files connect to each other. (I've done a MERN course worth 90 hrs already from a bootcamp).

I had to quit web development altogether and get some other job just because of this. But now, I am reigniting my desire to learn backend development as I'm not really a frontend person.

I've few project ideas as well.

1) CS Notes selling site for my country.
2) blog website
3) Reminder in calendar.
4) Video watched percentage calculator from a playlist. Like in udemy.
5) Another blog where anyone can create an account and post.
6) Locally hosted book search engine for pdf files. Like google books.

These are some of the project ideas of software development. Some are web, some are desktop based while some are android based.

I just shared this so that it could help users in answering the question.

Technology news on Phys.org
:Googles furiously:
OK, MERN = MongoDB, Express, React, Node
shivajikobardan said:
I had to quit web development altogether and get some other job just because of this. But now, I am reigniting my desire to learn backend development as I'm not really a frontend person.
How ironic. I quit web development because I'm a front-end developer and all this file config stuff confuses me as I'm not really back-end person.

You may be conflating things here.

One you're creating a docker container. This is reminiscent to creating a bootable diskette or usb stick. You create a bootable image and then add software tools needed by your application.

Two you have a web application that is started in some subdirectory often the home directory or better a subdirectory of home aka the web app’s home directory for docker implementations.

Various web files, images, web pages are stored in sub directories under web apps home directory to make them accessible by the web app. The web application and it’s files are copied to the Docker image Keeping their directory organization intact.

Three your web app uses either python, java or nodejs server code. The server code and language runtime must be copied to the docker image.

Four you will need the home bash script to setup the environment and launch the web app.

Five you run the Docker build script to make your Docker image and then provide a bash script to launch Docker and run your image.

• Informative
Likes Vanadium 50 and berkeman
Six weeks ago, you asked us how to learn to program (and as far as I can tell, did not take any of the excellent advice you received) Now you are unhappy because after six weeks or less of study there are things you don't know.

Before that it was SQL and two days.

You are getting very frustrated that you are not learning 10-100x faster than everybody else. Your choices are to a) adjust your expectations or b) find a line of work where you will not be so constantly frustrated.

Likes Tom.G

1. What are some common examples of "tiny issues" in backend software development?

Some common examples of minor issues in backend software development include bugs in code, compatibility issues with different systems or libraries, and issues with data organization or storage.

2. How can these "tiny issues" impact the overall functionality of a backend system?

While these issues may seem small, they can have a significant impact on the overall functionality of a backend system. Bugs can cause errors or crashes, compatibility issues can prevent the system from working with other components, and data issues can lead to incorrect or incomplete results.

3. How can developers prevent or address these "tiny issues"?

To prevent or address these issues, developers should thoroughly test their code, use version control to track changes, communicate with other developers to ensure compatibility, and regularly review and optimize data organization and storage.

4. Are there any tools or techniques that can help with identifying and troubleshooting these "tiny issues"?

Yes, there are various tools and techniques that can aid in identifying and troubleshooting these issues. For example, debugging tools can help pinpoint and fix bugs, version control systems can track changes and roll back to previous versions, and code review can help catch potential issues early on.

5. How important is it to address these "tiny issues" in backend software development?

While they may seem insignificant, addressing these "tiny issues" is crucial in backend software development. Ignoring them can lead to larger problems down the line, impact the overall functionality and user experience of the system, and make it more challenging to maintain and improve the codebase.