Comsol Multiphysics Heat Transfer

In summary, the conversation discusses how to input a changing coefficient of thermal conductivity into Comsol. The solution is to create a global expression for thermal conductivity as a function of temperature and to use MATLAB to plot and fit the data points. The conversation concludes with the individual successfully finding and fitting the temperature profile data using Excel.
mherna48
I have a problem where the coefficient of thermal conductivity changes as temperature changes. Where/how do I input this into comsol?

Engineering news on Phys.org
just make a global expression for thermal conductivity as a function of temperature. it will work the rest out.

I don't know the equation for thermal conductivity as a function of temperature to do that. I was trying to find that equation, given over 2000 data points that plot conductivity versus Temperature.

I have since created a temperature profile(Thermal goggle view) by interpolating those data points. Now I'm trying to find the equation to the Temperature profile. Do you know how to go about doing this?

I would just suggest using MATLAB, input ur data points as a matrix and plot it, then use curve fitting.

Hey, Thanks again. I figured out how to do it. I went into post processing and plotted a line plot of the temperature along the z-axis. I then exported the data to a .txt file and opened it in Excel. Then I did the line fitting there.

Thanks again.

Related to Comsol Multiphysics Heat Transfer

1. What is Comsol Multiphysics Heat Transfer?

Comsol Multiphysics Heat Transfer is a software tool used for simulating and analyzing heat transfer phenomena in various systems. It is commonly used in scientific research and industrial applications to design and optimize thermal processes and devices.

2. What types of heat transfer can be simulated with Comsol Multiphysics?

Comsol Multiphysics can simulate conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer in a wide range of materials and geometries. It also allows for the coupling of these heat transfer mechanisms to accurately model real-world scenarios.

3. How accurate are the results from Comsol Multiphysics Heat Transfer simulations?

The accuracy of the results depends on the accuracy of the input parameters and assumptions made in the simulation. Comsol Multiphysics uses advanced numerical techniques and algorithms to solve complex heat transfer equations, resulting in highly accurate results. However, it is always important to validate the results with experimental data.

4. Can Comsol Multiphysics simulate transient heat transfer?

Yes, Comsol Multiphysics has the capability to simulate both steady-state and transient heat transfer. This allows for the analysis of systems that undergo changes in temperature over time, such as cooling or heating processes.

5. Is Comsol Multiphysics suitable for beginners in heat transfer simulations?

Comsol Multiphysics can be used by both beginners and experts in heat transfer simulations. It has a user-friendly interface and provides extensive documentation and tutorials to help beginners get started. It also offers advanced features for experienced users to customize and optimize their simulations.