Computer Engineering but awful at Physics 2 E+M

In summary, the conversation discusses a college student's experience in their first year of college as a freshman majoring in Computer Engineering. They enjoyed their first semester and did well in all their classes, particularly in Physics. However, in their second semester, they are struggling with understanding the topic of electricity and are considering switching to a different major, such as Mechanical Engineering. The speaker suggests seeking alternative resources, such as a tutor or a different textbook, to better understand the subject.
dantheman57
Okay so I am a freshman in college, and planning on majoring in Computer Engineering.
The first semester of college was a blast, I did really well in all my classes. I loved Physics, and kinematics just clicked with me.

Now comes second semester. Electricity just doesn't click with me. I just had a test I got an A, but I just don't really understand it really well. Is it feasible to stay with CompE? Or should I switch to something like Mechanical?

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Computer Engineering but awful at Physics 2 E+M

1. What is computer engineering?

Computer engineering is a branch of engineering that combines principles from computer science and electrical engineering to design, develop, and maintain computer systems and their components.

2. How does computer engineering differ from software engineering?

While both computer engineering and software engineering involve designing and developing computer systems, computer engineering focuses more on the hardware aspect, while software engineering focuses on the software aspect. Computer engineers also typically have a stronger background in electrical engineering, while software engineers have a stronger background in computer science.

3. What role does physics play in computer engineering?

Physics plays a significant role in computer engineering, as it provides the foundation for understanding how computers and their components operate. Concepts such as electricity, magnetism, and optics are crucial for designing and developing computer hardware.

4. Why might someone be good at computer engineering but struggle with physics 2 E+M?

Computer engineering and physics 2 E+M involve different skill sets and areas of study. While computer engineering may require strong problem-solving and programming skills, physics 2 E+M may require a deeper understanding of complex mathematical concepts. Additionally, some people may simply have a stronger interest or aptitude for one subject over the other.

5. Can someone improve their understanding of physics 2 E+M as a computer engineering student?

Yes, it is possible for someone to improve their understanding of physics 2 E+M as a computer engineering student. By actively engaging in the course material, seeking help from professors or tutors, and practicing problem-solving techniques, a student can improve their understanding and skills in physics 2 E+M.