Complex integral without cauchy

In summary, the person is trying to solve an integral without using Cauchy's theorem and is stuck at a certain point. They have found multiple ways to solve it but they all involve multiple variable changes. They are wondering if there is a simpler way to solve it. They also mention a typo in the given equation. The expert suggests using the substitution u=2eit+1.
Daniiel
Hey,

I've been trying to do this integral without cauchy's theorem (with the theorem i get 6ipi in like 2 steps). I am stuck at this point, I have found afew ways to do the integral I am stuck on but they all involve multiple variable changes and I was wondering if there is a simple way to do this that I'm not seeing.

[PLAIN]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7958/intup.jpg sorry typo, its not supposed to be 1/2 ln(1+2e^(it)) just ln(1+2e^(it))

Thanks in advanced

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It helps to note that the numerators are all of the form i(2eit)n. Try using the substitution u=2eit+1 on all of them.

Related to Complex integral without cauchy

What is a complex integral without Cauchy?

A complex integral without Cauchy is an integral that is evaluated in the complex plane without using Cauchy's integral formula. This means that the integral is evaluated using other techniques, such as the residue theorem or contour integration.

Why is Cauchy's integral formula not used?

Cauchy's integral formula can only be applied to integrals over closed contours, but not all complex integrals can be evaluated using closed contours. Thus, other techniques are needed for evaluating these integrals.

What are some other techniques for evaluating complex integrals?

Other techniques for evaluating complex integrals include the residue theorem, which uses the residues of a function at its singularities, and contour integration, which involves deforming the contour of integration to simplify the integral.

Are there any advantages to using a complex integral without Cauchy?

Yes, there are advantages to using a complex integral without Cauchy. For example, the residue theorem can be used to evaluate integrals that would be difficult or impossible to evaluate using Cauchy's integral formula. Additionally, contour integration allows for the evaluation of integrals with non-closed contours.

How can I determine which technique to use for a given complex integral?

The choice of technique for evaluating a complex integral depends on the specific integral and the function being integrated. It is important to have a good understanding of both techniques and their applications in order to determine the most appropriate technique for a given integral.