Complex Analysis Contour Circle Question

In summary, the person is struggling with a part of their homework assignment and is asking for help with setting up the problem. They mention needing to use four integrals and are looking for examples of similar problems. They also mention a deadline for their assignment.
RJLiberator
Gold Member

Homework Statement

I have uploaded necessary image(s) for the question
Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 4.44.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 4.44.58 PM.png
I have successfully accomplished a, but I am not sure how to start b.

Homework Equations

The sum of the integral paths added up = the desired result.

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
So we start with path CR
And then go along the line R--> p
and then the circle Cp
And back along the line p-->R

How do I represent this? It will take 4 integrals added together, correct?

The integral over CR is |z|=R ?
Over line 1: z=re^(i2pi), p=<r=<R

Not sure how to set up these bounds. After I get the bounds, I should know how to solve it, I think.

Physics news on Phys.org
Also, If there any examples of similar problems that use the entire circle as the contour (and not the half circle) that would be helpful to me.

Not trying to be pushy, but I have to turn this assignment in in a few hours. Was wondering if anyone was around for some quick help. :)

Related to Complex Analysis Contour Circle Question

1. What is complex analysis?

Complex analysis is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of complex numbers and their functions. It involves the use of calculus, algebra, and geometry to understand the properties and behavior of complex functions.

2. What is a contour in complex analysis?

In complex analysis, a contour is a curve or path in the complex plane that is used for integration purposes. It is typically a closed curve that encloses a region in the complex plane.

3. What is a circle in complex analysis?

In complex analysis, a circle is a type of contour that is defined as the set of all points in the complex plane that are equidistant from a fixed point, called the center. It is represented by the equation |z-z0| = r, where z0 is the center and r is the radius.

4. How are circles used in complex analysis?

Circles are commonly used in complex analysis to integrate functions along a closed curve. They have a simple and well-defined geometry that makes them useful for evaluating complex integrals.

5. What is the significance of the contour circle question in complex analysis?

The contour circle question is a common problem in complex analysis that involves finding the value of a complex integral along a circular contour. It tests the understanding of complex functions, contour integration, and the properties of circles in the complex plane.