Cloning Gone Wrong - ebaumsworld.com

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cloning
In summary: That could explain your peculiar pronunciation... :wink:In summary, Monique, you are not Monique from ebaumsworld.com, but you are from somewhere in the United States. You drew a Playboy-based comic strip featuring Armadildo, which may be helpful to those who do not know what it is.
SOS2008
Gold Member
Okay, so I'm stuck here while my car is at the shop, and I decide to experiment with uploading files, then became distracted by this site... Since there are multiple jpgs that are already accessible via a link here's the address: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/cloningwrong.html

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/cloningwrong.html

Monique--you don't happen to work for ebaumsworld.com by any chance? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What I can't understand is how you got my photo -- I haven't posted it in the member thread! (But you'll have to guess which one is me, hehe.) :smile:

Let's see...I'm trying to figure out which pic it might be (well, and if I'm doin' this right...)

http://img128.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img128&image=cloning47iv.jpg

I remember from high school days a Playboy issue had a similar feature, but drawn by an artist. There were quite a few of them: a cross of a bee and an eagle called the Beagle; the Vamoose, a flying bloodsucking elk; and I believe that the Armadildo should be self-explanatory. :biggrin:

Danger said:
I remember from high school days a Playboy issue had a similar feature, but drawn by an artist. There were quite a few of them: a cross of a bee and an eagle called the Beagle; the Vamoose, a flying bloodsucking elk; and I believe that the Armadildo should be self-explanatory. :biggrin:
And I thought "Armadildo" was a Southwestern thing...but ya-all know about it up Canada way, aye?

SOS2008 said:
And I thought "Armadildo" was a Southwestern thing...but ya-all know about it up Canada way, aye?
As I said, it was a Playboy (based in Chicago). I have no idea where the artist came from, though.

Incidentally, "A" is spelled 'eh'; 'aye' is pronounced "I". :wink:

Danger said:
As I said, it was a Playboy (based in Chicago). I have no idea where the artist came from, though.

Incidentally, "A" is spelled 'eh'; 'aye' is pronounced "I". :wink:
Yeh, but down in these parts, 'eh' is pronounced, well not as 'aye' so for those who may not know that, well I'm hooked on phonics... :smile:

SOS2008 said:
Yeh, but down in these parts, 'eh' is pronounced, well not as 'aye' so for those who may not know that, well I'm hooked on phonics... :smile:
I bet you're one of those people that I'd be totally incapable of understanding if I heard you speak. Sort of like Jeff Foxworthy with a lisp. :biggrin: (In fact, that last post gave me a bit of trouble. Maybe it's spilling over into your writing?) :-p

Danger said:
I bet you're one of those people that I'd be totally incapable of understanding if I heard you speak. Sort of like Jeff Foxworthy with a lisp. :biggrin: (In fact, that last post gave me a bit of trouble. Maybe it's spilling over into your writing?) :-p
Arizona has been a transient state (not to be confused with transvestite) so there isn't a southern or Texan accent here--Arizona is more west coast. As for me personally, if I talk with a lisp, the guys don't seem to mind. :-p :confused:

SOS2008 said:
As for me personally, if I talk with a lisp, the guys don't seem to mind. :-p :confused:
Didn't your mama teach you not to talk with your mouth f... (naw, that's going a bit too far :wink: ).

Danger said:
Didn't your mama teach you not to talk with your mouth f... (naw, that's going a bit too far :wink: ).
Well I do seem to put my foot in my mouth on a regular bases... :bugeye:

SOS2008 said:
Well I do seem to put my foot in my mouth on a regular bases... :bugeye:
That could explain your peculiar pronunciation... :wink:

Related to Cloning Gone Wrong - ebaumsworld.com

1. What is "Cloning Gone Wrong" on ebaumsworld.com?

Cloning Gone Wrong on ebaumsworld.com is a section of articles and videos that showcase humorous or bizarre instances of cloning in popular culture. It is not a serious scientific discussion of cloning technology.

2. Is cloning really possible?

Yes, cloning is possible and has been successfully performed on various animals including sheep, cats, and dogs. However, human cloning is currently illegal in most countries and is still highly debated in the scientific community.

3. Can cloning go wrong in real life?

Yes, cloning can go wrong in real life, just like any other scientific or medical procedure. There have been cases of cloned animals having health issues or abnormalities, and there is always a risk of failure in the cloning process.

4. Is ebaumsworld.com a reliable source for information on cloning?

No, ebaumsworld.com is not a reliable source for information on cloning. It is a humor website and the content on "Cloning Gone Wrong" should not be taken seriously as scientific information.

5. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding cloning?

Yes, there are many ethical concerns surrounding cloning, particularly in regards to human cloning. Some of these concerns include the potential for exploitation, loss of genetic diversity, and uncertainty about the long-term effects of cloning on individuals and society.