Chat #2 Reminder: Sunday Feb 10th 10am-4pm CST

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, a reminder was given for Chat #2 which will take place on Sunday, February 10th from 10am to 4pm CST. This chat is scheduled to last for six hours and will be held in the Central Standard Time zone. It is important for participants to mark their calendars and be prepared to join in at the designated time for discussions and conversations.
Hey all! I hope everyone had fun at last Sunday's chat event. Because of its success we will continue to hold them. Chat will be same time, same day. Sunday Feb 10th from 10am-4pm CST. There will be a link under the navbar again or a link will be provided at https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/index.html

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Woo hoo...can't wait to tune in...same chat time, same chat station! :biggrin:

All Righty! :approve:

It was good to see you all, but next time, Sunday. I may be on the road for roughly 0.5 kilomiles. So if I don't make it, the food part may be a lot less elaborate than making quiche.

Fastfood perhaps.

I'll be there, Pink bold font for me =].

Awesome! I'll drop by!

Andre said:
It was good to see you all, but next time, Sunday. I may be on the road for roughly 0.5 kilomiles. So if I don't make it, the food part may be a lot less elaborate than making quiche.

Blimey that's some stretch Andre.

{nudge}

If anyone wants to try voice chats you will just need to download and install the Team Speak client and have speakers or headphones and a Microphone.
I use it for gaming and it works good.
Here is the link to download Team Speak.
http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads
It is freeware and all you will need is the Client.
There is a public server called "Alpha Teamspeak" whoever wants to try voice chats can meet there.

48 Minutes!

Chat is great as your questions can be answered in seconds!

Chat is now open at https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/index.html or click the link under the top nav bar on any PF page.

Last edited:
I think the chat is pretty cool, except that i get disconnected quickly (less than a minute). It's a good step forward for PF. Congrats!.

Er... my fingers are cramping!

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Er... my fingers are cramping!

Zz.

Hey, that was some pretty lightning typing there. Worth it though!

That was some fast talk/typing, Zz! ;-)

Well that's my Sunday productivity gone. :biggrin:

Perfect timing Zz!

Awesome chat.

Can't wait until next week, when I can hopefully spend the whole time there. I'm making good progress on preparing my talk at least, but I think that had more to do with the power failures keeping me offline than with any actual willpower on my part. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I didn't make it to the gym or finish my homework. I blame it on YOU!

Blame your wife for bringing you beer.

Everybody needs to do all their work before "PF Chat Day" so that we can get maximum turnout. Rave in physics chat!

I managed to be "Busy" for just long enough to shovel a bit of snow, fill the wood-box, and do up the dishes after my wife's wonderful spicy rice/bean/corn concoction, but pretty much the day was shot. Fun!

What effect does chat have on the number of people active in the forums? DO people still use it while chatting in two windows? I can only manage one thing at a time.

_Mayday_ said:
What effect does chat have on the number of people active in the forums? DO people still use it while chatting in two windows? I can only manage one thing at a time.

I have a couple of windows open and browse the forums at the same time. I've seen Doc Al in the forums (keeping the HW help section running) while he's been on the live chat.

Well yes I wondered how chat effected the homework section. Is it possible to be both in General Chat and Science chat? That would be so cool.

_Mayday_ said:
Well yes I wondered how chat effected the homework section. Is it possible to be both in General Chat and Science chat? That would be so cool.
Open PF in two browser window, enter chat in each and see if you can be in two rooms concurrently. I may try that next Sunday just for grins.

I'll give that a try :smile:

turbo-1 said:
Open PF in two browser window, enter chat in each and see if you can be in two rooms concurrently. I may try that next Sunday just for grins.

I'm pretty sure an account can only hold one session at a time.

The aren't that many people in science chat anyway.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm pretty sure an account can only hold one session at a time.
I'll try not to break anything, Greg. :rolleyes:

You're probably right, though. If I were writing a chat app, I'd probably force log-off from one area if an account tried to access more than one. The ability to be in several "rooms" at once would be an advantage for mods, though, I would think.

Why would anyone want to be anywhere else other than the general chat? That's where all the bad jokes were being dished out!

[ZapperZ struggling to open the lid of a jar...]

Zz.

Take out your teeth, Zz!:smile:

ZapperZ said:
Why would anyone want to be anywhere else other than the general chat? That's where all the bad jokes were being dished out!

[ZapperZ struggling to open the lid of a jar...]

Zz.

I thought the "string" and "pull the string" jokes were far worse :smile: