Celebrating 10 Years with @Greg Bernhardt at PF!

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary, the conversation is about the celebration of reaching anniversaries at Physics Forums and thanking owner Greg Bernhardt for creating the platform. They mention the age of the forum and make plans for a birthday party. Some members also mention their own anniversaries and joke about being too young to drink. There is also a discussion about shops being closed on Sundays.
Drakkith
Mentor
I just got my 10 Year award (3 days early) so I thought I'd say thanks to everyone for making the last 10 years here at PF great!
Here's to another 10 great years!

Special thanks to @Greg Bernhardt for creating this amazing place!

• Love
Likes PhDeezNutz, Fervent Freyja, DennisN and 18 others
Physics news on Phys.org
I reached 16 years at PF a week ago. Yes, PF is a wonderful place, something of an oasis.

Likes PhDeezNutz and fresh_42
Congrats, Drakkith.

I just checked my account and realized yesterday was my 13th anniversary. Lucky number!
Congrats to everyone.

It's been so special and an honor to be a part of such a great community with amazing people for so many years!

Likes PhDeezNutz, etotheipi, Charles Link and 3 others
Congrats, I looked at my profile and I'm over 16 years, heading to 17 quick.

Just how old is PF?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Dr Transport said:
Just how old is PF?

Summary Owner Greg Bernhardt started Physics Forums as a high school extra credit project for a physics class in 2001.

Likes Charles Link and Greg Bernhardt
phinds said:
Summary Owner Greg Bernhardt started Physics Forums as a high school extra credit project for a physics class in 2001.
I believe I registered the domain in February of 2001.

Likes Charles Link and mcastillo356
Untitled-5.png

Likes Astronuc and phinds
So we need a birthday party for 02/07/21.

Likes berkeman, BillTre, Greg Bernhardt and 2 others
I'm 15! :oldsmile:

Likes Astronuc and Greg Bernhardt
17 years for me. Thanks @Greg Bernhardt for putting up with me all these years. :oldbiggrin:

• Love
Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
fresh_42 said:
So we need a birthday party for 02/07/21.
Absolutely! No drinking will be allowed, of course. Still a year too young... :wink:

• Haha
Likes Hamiltonian, Charles Link and Astronuc
berkeman said:
Absolutely! No drinking will be allowed, of course. Still a year too young... :wink:
Good that we handle such things the other way around over here! I just have to remember to buy

in time, 'cause shops are closed on Sundays.

Likes berkeman
fresh_42 said:
Good that we handle such things the other way around over here! I just have to remember to buy

in time, 'cause shops are closed on Sundays.

Yeah, still in the dark ages over here...

https://www.deviantart.com/emkun/art/Dark-Castle-491802241

1599945057148.png

1. What is the significance of celebrating 10 years with @Greg Bernhardt at PF?

The celebration marks the 10-year anniversary of Greg Bernhardt's involvement with the online science community, Physics Forums. It is a way to recognize his contributions and impact on the community.

2. How has @Greg Bernhardt's presence impacted PF and its members?

Greg's presence on PF has greatly enhanced the community by providing valuable insights and knowledge in various scientific fields. He has also fostered a welcoming and helpful environment for members to engage in discussions and learn from each other.

3. What can we expect from the celebration of 10 years with @Greg Bernhardt at PF?

The celebration will include various activities such as special events, contests, and discussions, all centered around the theme of celebrating Greg's contributions and the community he has helped build.

4. How has @Greg Bernhardt's involvement with PF evolved over the past 10 years?

Greg's involvement with PF has grown from being a member to becoming a moderator, and eventually an administrator. He has also played a key role in the development and expansion of the community, making it one of the largest online science forums.

5. What does @Greg Bernhardt's presence bring to the PF community?

Greg's presence brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in various scientific disciplines, as well as a passion for learning and teaching. He also brings a strong sense of community and camaraderie, making PF a welcoming and inclusive space for all members.