Celebrate Engineers' Week: Eat Cherry Pie!

• Thread starter ohwilleke
  • Start date
In summary, Engineers' Week is celebrated annually during the week of Presidents' Day to honor George Washington, our nation's first famous engineer. The traditional way of celebrating is by making or buying a cherry pie. This year, Engineers' Week falls on February 20-26, 2005. In Canada, the celebration may fall on a different week. Let's all honor our profession and enjoy some cherry pie!
ohwilleke
Gold Member
Happy Engineers' Week.

Yes, it's Engineers' Week (Feb 20-26, 2005). The website is here: http://www.eweek.org/

But, I didn't need to look at the website. For better or worse, I came from one of the few households in the nation that actually celebrated Engineer's Week every year. Honest. I have to puzzle over whether it's Groundhog Day, or when they hold the World Series, but I always know when it's engineer's week.

Engineers' week is always the week of Presidents' Day, in honor of George Washington, our nation's first famous engineer. And, in honor of the traditional "I cannot tell a lie, I cut down the Cherry Tree" story from George Washington's history, the traditional way of celebrating this annual event is to make or buy a cherry pie.

Honor your profession, carry on the tradition, eat cherry pie!

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Wow - who knew?
I promise to try to be nice to engineers for the rest of the week.

I'm an engineer this week ! :biggrin:

If the engineer sees it's shadow, does that mean 6 more weeks of rain for Los Angeles? :frown:

Happy E-week, I guess! Our local E-week (on campus), was held Feb. 7-11. Oh well... :smile:

Edit...Oh I see. I didn't catch the bit about President's day and all that. It's different here in Canada, I guess. That explains it. Happy E-week to all you engineers down south then! :smile:

Last edited:

Related to Celebrate Engineers' Week: Eat Cherry Pie!

What is Engineers' Week?

Engineers' Week is a week-long celebration held annually to recognize and celebrate the contributions of engineers to society. It is typically held in February and is organized by various engineering societies and organizations.

Why is it important to celebrate Engineers' Week?

Celebrating Engineers' Week allows us to recognize and honor the hard work and achievements of engineers. It also serves as a way to inspire and encourage future generations to pursue careers in engineering.

What is the significance of eating cherry pie during Engineers' Week?

Eating cherry pie during Engineers' Week has become a tradition to honor one of the greatest engineers in history, George Washington Gale Ferris Jr., who designed the first Ferris wheel. It is said that he enjoyed eating cherry pie while working on his engineering projects.

How can I participate in Engineers' Week?

There are many ways to participate in Engineers' Week, including attending events and workshops, volunteering, or simply showing appreciation for engineers in your community. You can also visit the official Engineers' Week website for more information and resources.

What is the theme for this year's Engineers' Week?

The theme for this year's Engineers' Week may vary depending on the organization or society hosting the event. It is best to check with your local engineering society or the official Engineers' Week website for the most updated information on the theme.