Carrie Fisher, Actress of Princess Leia, Dies at 60

In summary: One funny thing is that Family Guy has done the [arguably] best parodies of the Star Wars franchise. Although Princess Leia was assumed by Lois Griffin (voiced by Alex Borstien), Carrie Fisher voiced a different, minor character in their Return of the Jedi parody*.I thought that was really funny.I thought that was really funny.
RooksAndBooks
Gold Member
http://www.rollingstone.com/topic/carrie-fisher, the iconic actress who portrayed Princess Leia in the Star Wars series, died Tuesday following a massive heart attack last week. She was 60.

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning," Simon Halls, a spokesperson for Fisher's family, said in a statement to People.

Fisher http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/carrie-fisher-in-critical-condition-after-heart-attack-w457712 last week aboard a Los Angeles-bound flight 15 minutes prior to landing. A medic onboard performed CPR on the actress until paramedics arrived to take her to UCLA Medical Center, where she was placed on a ventilator.

The daughter of screen legend Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher, the actress made her Broadway debut as a teenager in Irene, which starred her mother. After making her big screen debut in 1975's Shampoo and briefly enrolling in London's Central School of Speech and Drama and then St. Lawrence College, Fisher dropped out, at the age of 19, after landing the role of Princess Leia in George Lucas' 1977 space epic Star Wars.

More at http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/carrie-fisher-princess-leia-in-star-wars-dead-at-60-w457713

You will be missed, Carrie Fisher.

Physics news on Phys.org
That is incredibly sad news! :cry: My condolences to her family for this loss.

On a related note, this does raise the question of what would happen to the Princess Leia character in the future Star Wars movies with the loss of Fisher, as the Force Awakens leave open the possibility that the Leia character will play a critical role.

StatGuy2000 said:
That is incredibly sad news! :cry: My condolences to her family for this loss.

On a related note, this does raise the question of what would happen to the Princess Leia character in the future Star Wars movies with the loss of Fisher, as the Force Awakens leave open the possibility that the Leia character will play a critical role.

My best guess is that they'll make her CGI like they did with Tarkin in Rogue One or do what Star Trek did when Leonard Nimoy died; they were open that he died but they worked that in the story.

This year just keeps on taking :(
Enough already.

Likes RooksAndBooks
Cyc2FyfUkAAtWT3.jpg

Likes RooksAndBooks, Evo and Bandersnatch
Wow...CPR during a landing. That is not easy.

I really liked her as Jake's ex in The Blues Brothers. "My father used up his last favor from 'Mad Pete' Trullo..."

Likes gmax137 and RooksAndBooks
StatGuy2000 said:
From what I read she had completed shooting episode VIII. For episode IX they probably have some time to work it out. If they decide to take the CGI path I hope they do a better job than they did with Tarkin (and her!) in Rogue One...

Likes RooksAndBooks
Orodruin said:
From what I read she had completed shooting episode VIII. For episode IX they probably have some time to work it out. If they decide to take the CGI path I hope they do a better job than they did with Tarkin (and her!) in Rogue One...

I haven't seen Rogue One yet, but I have heard from reviews that the CGI image of Tarkin was quite impressive. I was wondering if you would care to comment more on this.

StatGuy2000 said:
I haven't seen Rogue One yet, but I have heard from reviews that the CGI image of Tarkin was quite impressive. I was wondering if you would care to comment more on this.
Impressive, yes. Could you still tell it was computer generated? Definitely.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Orodruin said:
Impressive, yes. Could you still tell it was computer generated? Definitely.
I think it was a mistake because it took me out of the scene as I examined his face.

'Been watching a lot of Family Guy lately. Carrie Fisher voices the character of Angela, Peter Griffin's supervisor at the Pawtucket Brewery.

latest?cb=20090813141058.jpg

One funny thing is that Family Guy has done the [arguably] best parodies of the Star Wars franchise. Although Princess Leia was assumed by Lois Griffin (voiced by Alex Borstien), Carrie Fisher voiced a different, minor character in their Return of the Jedi parody*.

*There might have been only two women in this particular galaxy, Carrie Fisher voicing the part of the one other woman besides Leia.

Last edited:
There are already memes with JJAbrams stating something like "Sigh, I killed the wrong character".

RIP Princess Leia.

1. Who was Carrie Fisher?

Carrie Fisher was an American actress, writer, and comedian. She is best known for her iconic role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars franchise.

2. How old was Carrie Fisher when she died?

Carrie Fisher was 60 years old at the time of her death.

3. What was the cause of Carrie Fisher's death?

Carrie Fisher died from cardiac arrest on December 27, 2016. She had a history of drug addiction and mental health struggles, which may have contributed to her death.

4. What other notable roles did Carrie Fisher have besides Princess Leia?

In addition to her role as Princess Leia, Carrie Fisher also had notable roles in films such as When Harry Met Sally, The Blues Brothers, and Hannah and Her Sisters. She was also a successful writer and wrote several books, including her semi-autobiographical novel Postcards from the Edge.

5. How did Carrie Fisher's death impact the entertainment industry?

Carrie Fisher's death was a shock to the entertainment industry and her fans around the world. Her iconic role as Princess Leia will forever be remembered and her passing sparked an outpouring of tributes and memorials from fellow actors, fans, and industry professionals.