Career for human life span study

In summary, the author is thinking about majoring in molecular nanotechnology so that they can create an artificial enzyme to lengthen telomeres. They are not sure if they can completely cure somatic cells, but the effect would be maximized with stem cells. They are also considering a career in business, finance, law, or public policy. There are moral issues to consider with this type of research, and population growth is also a concern.
kidsasd987
This might sound crazy, but I want to study pronging human life span.

I am thinking of majoring molecular nanotechnology so that I can use this major to construct an artificial enzyme(medical nanorobot) that lengthens telomere (I know this is not the only issue of aging and death).

I am not sure if we can mechanically cure somatic cells completely, and the effect will be maximized with stem cell.Is there any recommendation for human life span study career path? Cell biology, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology these three are essentials of this study I guess.. but I am not really sure.

Physics news on Phys.org
Business, finance, law, etc. will be good choices. The technology side of prolonging human life is challenging, but so is the business and legal side.

Career for human life span study.

chill_factor said:
Business, finance, law, etc. will be good choices. The technology side of prolonging human life is challenging, but so is the business and legal side.
Not only that but there are moral issues. I mean who would decide who can get the treatment and who can't? Another human or set of humans who think they are somehow above the rest of it's measly humans? Often times I find that it's not a matter of if we can do something, but a matter of if we should do it. Also remember that this world and nature in general works on a cycle. If people are not dying then we run into over population issues and further stretching of resources. There's a reason why no living thing is immortal or why living things have a certain life span. With that said I would be happy to add a few years to my biological clock.

Studying the human lifespan and trying to extend it are two different fields. The first is demographics , the second a mix of health science , and public policy fields.

You can do both , but most people pick one area or another.

I find your interest in studying human life span to be fascinating and commendable. The study of aging and longevity is a complex and multifaceted field that requires a multidisciplinary approach. Your idea of using molecular nanotechnology to construct an artificial enzyme for lengthening telomeres is a unique and innovative approach.

In terms of career paths, I would recommend pursuing a degree in a field such as biomedical engineering or biotechnology, which combines aspects of cell biology, biochemistry, and nanotechnology. These fields will provide you with a solid foundation in understanding the biological mechanisms of aging and how they can be manipulated.

Additionally, I would suggest gaining research experience in a laboratory that focuses on aging and longevity. This will allow you to gain hands-on experience and contribute to the current body of knowledge in this field.

Ultimately, the key to a successful career in studying human life span is to stay curious, open-minded, and willing to collaborate with experts from various disciplines. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Related to Career for human life span study

1. What is a career in human life span study?

A career in human life span study involves researching and studying the various stages and aspects of human development from birth to old age. This can include physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development, as well as factors that contribute to healthy aging and longevity.

2. What education is required for a career in human life span study?

Typically, a career in human life span study requires at least a bachelor's degree in a related field such as psychology, sociology, or human development. Many positions may also require a master's or doctoral degree for more advanced research and teaching opportunities.

3. What skills are important for a career in human life span study?

Some important skills for a career in human life span study include critical thinking, data analysis, communication, and empathy. Researchers must be able to analyze and interpret data, communicate their findings effectively, and understand the perspectives and experiences of individuals at different stages of life.

4. What types of jobs are available in human life span study?

There are a variety of jobs available in human life span study, including research positions at universities, government agencies, and private research institutions. Other career options may include working as a consultant, educator, or advocate for aging populations.

5. How does human life span study contribute to society?

Human life span study is important for understanding the various factors that influence human development and aging. This research can inform policies and interventions to promote healthy aging and improve the quality of life for individuals at all stages of the human life span. It also helps to advance our understanding of the human experience and how we can support individuals throughout their lives.