Capacitor Network Homework: Find the Charge

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the charge in each capacitor by using Kirchhoff's rule in each loop and assuming the capacitors are fully charged with a current of 0. The suggested solution involves using the voltage divider equation and simplifying the numbers to make the problem easier to solve mentally.
German

Homework Statement

https://imgur.com/i5jylxC

i5jylxC.png

Homework Equations

I have to find the charge in each capacitor

The Attempt at a Solution

I don't know how can i start, can i use kirchhoff rule in each loop, using q/C when i go through a capacitor?

Attachments

• i5jylxC.png
    i5jylxC.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 476
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
First of all, what will be the current through each capacitor?

Likes berkeman
cnh1995 said:
First of all, what will be the current through each capacitor?

I have to assume that capacitors are fully charged, and current through them is 0?

So i have only big loop for the circuit that involves the 10 resistors?

German said:
I have to assume that capacitors are fully charged, and current through them is 0?

So i have only big loop for the circuit that involves the 10 resistors?
Right. You can simply use the voltage divider equation and get the voltages across the capacitors.

It has been done with easy numbers such that the answer is the simplest possible and you can work it out in your head. :oldwink:

Related to Capacitor Network Homework: Find the Charge

What is a capacitor network?

A capacitor network is a group of capacitors connected together in a circuit. It is used to store and release electrical energy.

How do you calculate the total charge in a capacitor network?

The total charge in a capacitor network can be calculated by adding up the charges on each capacitor in the network.

What is the formula for calculating the charge on a capacitor?

The formula for calculating the charge on a capacitor is Q = CV, where Q is the charge in coulombs, C is the capacitance in farads, and V is the voltage across the capacitor in volts.

What are some real-world applications of capacitor networks?

Capacitor networks are commonly used in electronic devices such as computers, televisions, and smartphones. They are also used in power supplies, motors, and other electrical circuits.

How do you solve a capacitor network homework problem?

To solve a capacitor network homework problem, you will need to use the principles of capacitance and voltage to determine the charge on each capacitor in the network. You may also need to use Kirchhoff's laws and other circuit analysis techniques to solve more complex problems.