Can't Change Avatar? Software Bug? - Greg Bernhardt

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties with changing avatars, potential software bugs, and the use of caching. The location of one of the participants is also brought up, as well as a brief mention of the state of 2021.
StevieTNZ
I cannot change my avatar. Is this a software bug that needs fixing? @Greg Bernhardt

Physics news on Phys.org
Where specifically did that fail? if you go to your profile, hover over the avatar image, click on the edit button, select Use a custom avatar. select Upload new custom avatar, hit the Choose File button, then select an image file, then hit the Okay button, that doesn't do it? what is failing?

1609450044620.png

Likes Evo
We have some aggressive caching, give it time.

Likes sysprog
I see an avatar that looks like people.
1609453103188.png

But if I look at your profile, I see a different avatar that looks like fireworks.
So yeah - caching.

1609453084605.png

Likes sysprog
1609455552616.png

Oh. You're in Aukland! Just saw you on the News. (I have fam in Aukland.)

So how's 2021 so far? Zombies? Alien invasions? Fire-breathing snakes? C'mon. I got to know which hat to wear.

• Haha
Likes phinds and sysprog
Aukland? Isn't that where all the auks live? :-p

I live in the Wellington region. 2021 has been depressing (at least for me) so far.

DaveC426913 said:
I see an avatar that looks like people.
View attachment 275433
The Acting Usher of the Black Rod followed by Her Excellency The Right Honourable Dame Pasty Reddy, Governor-General of NZ, to the Legislative Council chamber to deliver the Speech from the Throne opening the 53rd Parliament.

1. Why am I unable to change my avatar?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be a software bug, a problem with your internet connection, or an error with the website. It is recommended to try refreshing the page, clearing your browser's cache, or trying to change your avatar on a different device to see if the issue persists.

2. Is this a common issue with the website?

It is difficult to determine if this is a common issue without further information. However, if multiple users are experiencing the same problem, it is possible that there is a software bug or error with the website.

3. How can I report this issue?

If you believe that this is a software bug or error with the website, you can report it to the website's technical support team. They will be able to investigate the issue and provide a resolution or update on the status of the bug.

4. Can I still use the website if I am unable to change my avatar?

Yes, you should still be able to use the website and access its features even if you are unable to change your avatar. However, if the issue is affecting other aspects of the website's functionality, it is recommended to report the issue to the technical support team.

5. How long does it usually take for a software bug to be fixed?

The time it takes to fix a software bug can vary depending on the complexity of the issue. It could take a few hours, days, or even weeks for the bug to be resolved. It is important to report the issue and be patient while the technical team works on finding a solution.