Avatar Change: Impact on Past Posts?

• Thread starter ProfuselyQuarky
  • Start date
In summary, changing your avatar will not alter your previous posts as it is only a visual representation of yourself and not connected to your past posts. Your past posts will still be associated with your account even with a new avatar. Reverting back to your old avatar will not change the appearance of your past posts. Your username and display name will not be affected by changing your avatar. You have the option to keep your current avatar or not have one at all without it affecting your past posts.
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
If I happen to change my avatar, will the change be seen on my past posts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Whoa, that was a fast response! Thanks!

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. How does changing my avatar impact my past posts?

Changing your avatar will not affect any of your previous posts. Your avatar is simply a visual representation of yourself and does not have any connection to your past posts.

2. Will my past posts still be associated with my new avatar?

Yes, all of your past posts will remain associated with your account regardless of any changes made to your avatar.

3. Can I revert back to my old avatar and have it reflect on my past posts?

No, once you change your avatar, it will be applied to all of your past posts. Reverting back to your old avatar will not change the appearance of your past posts.

4. Will my avatar change also affect my username or display name?

No, changing your avatar will not impact your username or display name. These are separate settings that can be changed independently.

5. Do I have to change my avatar if I don't want it to affect my past posts?

No, you can choose to keep your current avatar or not have one at all. Your past posts will not be impacted by your avatar unless you choose to change it.