Candid Camera - Classic Pranks with Peter Funt

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Camera
In summary, Peter Funt, son of the originator, Allen Funt, hosts the show. He doesn't have the budget that his dad had but the show is still worthy of the name. They have done some great stuff, like posing as petitioners in California trying to throw people who don't exist out of political office. Even though no one knows who these politicians are, they sign the petition! One woman says, "Oh what the heck. They're all crooks anyway", but the show is still funny.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do we have any Candid Camera fans? This is still running on PAX; in fact I have it on right now. Peter Funt, son of the originator, Allen Funt, hosts the show. He doesn't have the budget that his dad had but the show is still worthy of the name.

They have done some great stuff! Right now they're posing as petitioners in California trying to throw people who don't exist out of political office. Even though no one knows who these politicians are, they sign the petition! :smile: One woman says: "Oh what the heck. They're all crooks anyway". :smile: :smile: :smile:

I have watched this show for as long as I can remember. I still love it. Its not always all that funny, but when it is, its classic stuff.
http://www.candidcamera.com

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, I used to love that show! I don't have cable, so don't get to see any new shows or reruns of old shows, but they were great for gaining insight into just how gullible people really can be! :smile:

Oh crud, sorry for the blow by blow here, but now they're asking people in New Hampshire to change the state motto from "Live Free or Die", to "Live Free or Move". Its not being received very well. I'm dying here... :smile: :smile: :smile:

I've always loved that show, especially the old version. I've always like the subtle things.

Like when they put a sign on the exit door of the restaraunt that said, "Please wipe your feet after leaving." Sure enough, they have a mat right outside the door and just about everyone followed the directions and wiped their feet. Then they moved the mat so only a small portion was visible when you opened the door and, sure enough, people close the door and wipe their feet even when it's hard to reach. Until, finally, one customer had the initiative to pick up the mat and put it inside the door so people would be easier to wipe your feet before leaving.

I also liked the one where you walk into the restroom and there's a bunch of people lying on cots. The sign on the door does say restroom, doesn't it?

I watched it one time. They went to a town called Loveland and started asking people where the rides were... Hilarious[/sarcasm]
I never watched it again.

One time on a flight I saw it. We don't get it in India. They showed people applying for driving license in unknown traffic signs and ask them to write down their meanings. I was laughing my head off and all the people aboard were watching me. LOL

Related to Candid Camera - Classic Pranks with Peter Funt

1. What is "Candid Camera - Classic Pranks with Peter Funt"?

"Candid Camera - Classic Pranks with Peter Funt" is a television show that features hidden camera pranks and practical jokes, hosted by Peter Funt. It is a reboot of the original "Candid Camera" series, which first aired in 1948.

2. Who is Peter Funt?

Peter Funt is an American television host, producer, and writer. He is best known for hosting the "Candid Camera" series, which he co-created with his father, Allen Funt.

3. How long has "Candid Camera" been on the air?

The original "Candid Camera" series first aired in 1948 and ran for over 60 years. The reboot, "Candid Camera - Classic Pranks with Peter Funt," started airing in 2014.

4. Are the pranks on "Candid Camera" real?

Yes, the pranks on "Candid Camera" are real. They are carefully planned and executed, but the reactions of the unsuspecting victims are genuine.

5. Is "Candid Camera" appropriate for all ages?

While the show is generally family-friendly, some pranks may contain mild crude humor or language. Parental discretion is advised.