Can the UK Learn to Share the Rain?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uk
In summary, the author is complaining about the heat and the rain in the UK. They are also complaining about the changeover to wireless and how it has increased the judgement of the dead. They say that ice will not last long in Hades. Finally, they ask if anyone has a sense of humor.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Suffering all this wet stuff? it is about time we learned to share, i will trade
the countries that are (arid) a days deluge, for a days sunshine.

Physics news on Phys.org
honestly consider yourself lucky. I am in the states in florida and its insufferably hot always.

Its not too bad today Wolram. Its been sunny all morning. Hope you're not unlucky enough to becaught in one of the many scattered showers.

Kurdt said:
Its not too bad today Wolram. Its been sunny all morning. Hope you're not unlucky enough to becaught in one of the many scattered showers.

True, but i am careful, i put my sun hat on with my sub aqua gear:smile:

ice109 said:
hey i literally died yesterday from heat stroke, like I'm posting from hades right now. those people have nothing to complain about.

Yeah, being flooded out of your home and having everything you own destroyed is a walk in the park compared to a bit of heat stroke :rolleyes:

Here in Pennsylvania it's been hot (around 95F). I can't imagine what it is like in Florida if it's that hot here.

With regards to the rain in the UK you should blame the ocean currents. You guys have the same problem as the Northwest US. But look on the bright side. The same ocean currents that bring you the rain also make sure you have mild winters. If you live here or in New York or New England and you learn to hate snow very quickly.

matthyaouw said:
Yeah, being flooded out of your home and having everything you own destroyed is a walk in the park compared to a bit of heat stroke :rolleyes:

what don't you understand about "literally died" :confused:

the fact that you are still alive and posting?

No, he actually meant he was posting from hades right now.

The Internet reaches further than I thought...

Garth

matthyaouw said:
the fact that you are still alive and posting?

it was obviously a sarcastic joke
Garth said:
No, he actually meant he was posting from hades right now.

The Internet reaches further than I thought...

Garth

someone with a sense of humor :!)

Hades is a well known WIFI "hotspot".

The changeover to wireless increased the judgement of the dead tenfold so I wouldn't expect ice to last too long there.

Evo said:
But everybody has to use crappy underpowered notebooks with exploding batteries and wireless gear that drops connections repeatedly.

turbo-1 said:
But everybody has to use crappy underpowered notebooks with exploding batteries and wireless gear that drops connections repeatedly.
It's really hell. :smile:

Evo said:

Kurdt said:
The changeover to wireless increased the judgement of the dead tenfold so I wouldn't expect ice to last too long there.

Evo said:
It's really hell. :smile:

:smile::smile:

I think current etiquette limits the number of puns in one thread to 3. Come on guys, let's not be rude here.

SticksandStones said:
I think current etiquette limits the number of puns in one thread to 3. Come on guys, let's not be rude here.

:confused: are you calling shakespeare rude? more seriously this isn't a serious thread, OP was obviously a rhetorical question.

Evo said:

ba dum psh!

Related to Can the UK Learn to Share the Rain?

1. How does the UK currently manage and share rainwater?

The UK currently relies on traditional drainage systems to manage rainwater, such as gutters, drains, and sewers. However, due to urbanization and climate change, these systems are becoming increasingly inadequate and unsustainable.

2. Is it possible for the UK to learn to share rainwater?

Yes, it is possible for the UK to learn and implement more sustainable rainwater sharing practices. Many countries, such as Germany and the Netherlands, have already successfully implemented rainwater harvesting and sharing systems.

3. What are the benefits of sharing rainwater in the UK?

The benefits of sharing rainwater in the UK include reducing the strain on traditional drainage systems, mitigating the risk of floods, and promoting more sustainable water use. It can also help to replenish groundwater and reduce pollution in rivers and streams.

4. What are some potential challenges in implementing rainwater sharing in the UK?

Some potential challenges in implementing rainwater sharing in the UK include high initial costs, lack of public awareness and education, and regulatory barriers. Additionally, retrofitting existing buildings with rainwater harvesting systems can be challenging.

5. What steps can the UK take to learn and implement rainwater sharing?

The UK can take several steps to learn and implement rainwater sharing, including investing in research and development, providing incentives for rainwater harvesting systems, and educating the public about the benefits and methods of rainwater sharing. Additionally, incorporating rainwater management into building codes and regulations can help to promote widespread adoption.