Can the human sense of touch detect differences in molecular charge?

• Thread starter Annabel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Emf
Annabel
How did you find PF?
Google search for, "people who can feel an AA battery charge
Kia ora, from New Zealand.

A Google search found the topic "Spent batteries feel lighter" ... and for me, they do too, and for batteries that have a full charge, I can feel that too. Some people have higher sensitivities to EMF than others. Some people can sense molecular differences by touch. Some people can dowse. I can feel an ultrasound and turn an iPhone 5s into a tartan brick in less than half an hour.

I call myself a 3D thinker because I turn things over in my mind and try to "see" an idea or concept from all perspectives, like an object.

Physics news on Phys.org
Woo-wee! Welcome to PF.

Have you ever sought help from your friends to do a double-blind battery weight-vs-charge test? That what's friends do for friends... :smile:

berkeman said:
Woo-wee! Welcome to PF.

Have you ever sought help from your friends to do a double-blind battery weight-vs-charge test? That what's friends do for friends... :smile:
Good idea. :)

I know it sounds a bit nuts (insert tinfoil hat here) ... One or two on their own is harder to feel but ..say a pack of 12 or 24, (even wrapped in packaging plastic) packs a much bigger sensation. It feels like a distant electric fence tingle and makes my hand feel sluggish.

Annabel said:
I know it sounds a bit nuts
No, no, no. :smile:

Annabel said:
Good idea. :)
Thanks for being a good sport.

Full disclosure -- when I was in high school, I was exploring some of the same feelings and thoughts that you are now. At one point I was sitting on an outdoor Jujitsu practice mat after class, and noticed an ant walking across the mat. I figured that I'd try to influence which way the ant walked with my thoughts, to see if it worked. So I tried to will it to turn right, and it did! Yikes. So I tried to will it to turn left and go a little bit, and it did! After more of this (for about 5 minutes), I reached down to pick up the ant, and it turned out to be an inert piece of a leaf.

So my eyes had been fooling me into thinking that the inert piece of a leaf was moving, and that I was able to influence the movements. So my take-away from that was to design my experiments better (but to keep doing experiments). :smile:

• Wow
  • Haha
Likes Tom.G and symbolipoint
berkeman said:
Woo
Indeed.

I agree - a double-blind test is a good idea. As far as telling their charge when they are still wrapped, who wraps dead batteries?

I read some where that charged vs. uncharged batteries will bounce to different heights when dropped on their end.
I forget which was which.
However I tried it on several AAs and it seemed to work (compared with my meter).