Can Sustainable Manufacturing in Space Become a Reality?

• Thread starter GrandmasterH2O
  • Start date
  • Tags
    water
In summary, sustainable manufacturing in space is becoming a possibility as technology and research continue to advance. With the growing interest in space exploration and the potential for space colonization, there is a need for sustainable and efficient manufacturing processes to support these endeavors. Companies like Made In Space and NASA's In-Space Manufacturing project are already working towards developing technologies for manufacturing in space, such as 3D printing and recycling systems. However, there are still challenges to overcome, such as the high cost and complexity of space travel, but with continued progress and innovation, sustainable manufacturing in space could become a reality in the near future.
GrandmasterH2O
Hi everyone, nice to meet you.

My name is Laura. I am a 3rd year physics student at University of Oregon. I have worked at Intel Corporation for the past 3 summers and most recently worked with a metrology team to develop Raman spectroscopy processes and data processing software/algorithms. I like making python programs to help me solve problems and get a deeper understanding of the math behind physics theory.

In the future I'd like to research and develop manufacturing methods for 0-gravity/vacuum environments,and build a space lab-fab to begin sustainable production of goods that are necessary to get humans off of earth!

I also sew clothes, specifically pants, and would like to create a high-end custom-made streetwear clothing company upon retirement.

I've been a long time lurker and I'm looking forward to participating as a contributor. Thank you all for helping me so much in the past 2 years of physics!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, and good advice! :smile: