Can someone explain this to me

• Thread starter xpack
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explain
In summary, people often request explanations in simpler terms or with visual aids to better understand complex concepts. Real-life applications and the importance of a concept can also help with comprehension. Additionally, understanding different perspectives or theories related to a concept can provide a more comprehensive understanding.
xpack
Let speed be s

s^2 = 4^2 + 9^2

s^2 = 377

s = 19.4 mph

Ө = Tan^(-1) [ 19/4 ] = 78.1°

3 figure bearing is thus 180 ° - 78.1 ° = 101.9 °

109.1 ° = N 11.9 ° W

Why 109.1 ° = N 11.9 ° W.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have a typo at the end of your post.

xpack said:
Let speed be s

s^2 = 4^2 + 9^2

s^2 = 377

s = 19.4 mph

Ө = Tan^(-1) [ 19/4 ] = 78.1°

3 figure bearing is thus 180 ° - 78.1 ° = 101.9 °

109.1 ° = N 11.9 ° W.

Why 109.1 ° = N 11.9 ° W.

It isn't: the result is [tex] 101.9^\circ[/tex], not [tex] 109.1^\circ [/tex]. With N at [tex] 90^\circ [/tex], the result is [tex] 11.9^\circ [/tex] west of that, hence the [tex] N 11.9^\circ W [/tex].

Oh man! So stupid of me. Thanks!

Related to Can someone explain this to me

1. Can someone explain this to me in simpler terms?

It is common for people to request explanations in simpler terms if they are having difficulty understanding a concept. This can be due to various reasons, such as different levels of background knowledge or a complex topic. A good way to address this is by breaking down the information into smaller, more digestible chunks and using relatable examples to help the person better understand the concept.

2. Can someone explain this to me using visuals or diagrams?

Visual aids, such as diagrams and charts, can be very useful in helping to explain complex concepts. This is because visuals can provide a clearer understanding of the information and help to make connections between different ideas. If you are struggling to understand something, asking for visual aids can be a great way to improve your understanding.

3. Can someone explain the real-life applications of this concept?

Many people find it easier to understand complex information when they can see how it is applied in real life. Asking for examples of how a concept is used in the real world can help to make the information more relatable and easier to comprehend. It can also help to solidify the understanding of the concept.

4. Can someone explain the importance of this concept?

Sometimes, a concept may seem irrelevant or insignificant, and people may struggle to see its importance. However, every concept has a purpose and plays a role in a larger system. Asking for an explanation of the significance of a concept can help to put it into context and show its relevance in a particular field or industry.

5. Can someone explain the different perspectives or theories related to this concept?

In science, there are often multiple perspectives or theories related to a particular concept. Understanding these different viewpoints can provide a more comprehensive understanding of the concept and its implications. If you are interested in learning more about a concept, asking for an explanation of different perspectives can help to broaden your knowledge and understanding.