Can someone double check my solution to this Laplace Transform problem?

In summary: I'm not sure whether this is more or less common than using ##u(t-c)##, but it's out there.In summary, the conversation is about a homework problem involving Laplace transforms. The person asking for help is confused about the notation used in the problem and asks for clarification. The other person suggests using LaTeX to make the problem easier to read and also mentions a different notation that is sometimes used for the unit step function.
EaglesFan7
Homework Statement
Who can check my work for this problem? I tried to use an online laplace calculator to verify my answer but it didn't support finding laplace examples with heavyside
Relevant Equations
Laplace of h(t-c)*f(t-c)=e^(-cs)*F(s)
My solution is in the file shown here

Attachments

• laplaceexample.PNG
    laplaceexample.PNG
    117 KB · Views: 257
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you type this in with latex in the future? It’s a good skill to know and makes it a lot easier to read than the sepia photo provided.

Is there any way to work the problem backwards to get your original results? That would be a good check.

I checked and little confused about that. If someone checked this homework problem, then also let me know by mentioning me on that thread.

Here's one that's somewhat more readable. (I should have cropped it a bit.)
laplaceexample1.png

One of the problems with asking for free help is that we (OK, I) have a limited amount of patience. I do know about Laplace transforms, but I find your question really really confusing. What's u2(t)? Where did the "t-2" come from? What really was the homework question?
People often say "there is no such thing as a bad question". They are wrong. I am 99.99% sure I know the answer, but I don't want to solve the riddle of what was the question.
Maybe someone else will take up the challenge, even though the first 4 people aren't giving you the answer you seek.

Likes SammyS and berkeman
DaveE said:
What's u2(t)? Where did the "t-2" come from?
I ran across this notation awhile back, and it was unfamiliar to me at the time as well. It probably didn't help that the OP translated it into ##h-2##, whatever that's supposed to mean. Anyway, some people denote ##u(t-c)##, where ##u(t)## is the unit step function, by ##u_c(t)##.

Related to Can someone double check my solution to this Laplace Transform problem?

What is a Laplace Transform and why is it used?

A Laplace Transform is a mathematical operation that transforms a function from the time domain to the frequency domain. It is often used in engineering and physics to solve differential equations and analyze systems.

Why do I need someone to double check my Laplace Transform solution?

Laplace Transform problems can be complex and involve multiple steps, so it is always a good idea to have someone else review your solution to ensure accuracy and catch any mistakes that may have been made.

What are the common mistakes made when solving Laplace Transform problems?

Some common mistakes include forgetting to take the initial conditions into account, using incorrect algebraic manipulations, and making errors in the integration process.

How can I improve my skills in solving Laplace Transform problems?

Practice and seeking feedback from others can greatly improve your skills in solving Laplace Transform problems. Additionally, familiarizing yourself with the properties and rules of Laplace Transforms can also be beneficial.

Is there any software or tools available to help with solving Laplace Transform problems?

Yes, there are various online calculators and software programs that can assist with solving Laplace Transform problems. However, it is important to understand the concepts and steps involved in solving these problems rather than solely relying on technology.