Can Non-Cosmological Redshifts Explain Anomalies in Galaxy Interactions?

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Redshift
In summary, non-cosmological redshifts, which are changes in the wavelength of light not caused by the expansion of the universe, have been suggested as a possible explanation for anomalies observed in galaxy interactions. These anomalies include unexpected velocities and alignments of galaxies, and theories propose that non-cosmological redshifts could be caused by gravitational interactions or electromagnetic effects. However, there is currently no solid evidence to support this hypothesis and it remains a topic of debate in the scientific community. Further research and observations are needed to fully understand the role of non-cosmological redshifts in explaining anomalies in galaxy interactions.
You're murdering me, Nereid. Send lotto numbers over usual secure channels...

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I have a lot of problems with the standard model (dark matter/energy) and other made up non-since within. However I am not willing to just adopt a view on Dr. Arp or others view of the universe ad hoc.

The Milky Way is an active Seyfert galaxies, and we know/detect small traces of anti-matter coming from the core. We also know it has a very strong and large black hole. Presuming Quasars come mainly from the core of Active Seyfert galaxies, and presuming ours is normal, and capable of creating quasars, how would either of these effects detectable from here play a roll?

Would a Quasar be a product of the large black hole getting larger than it can hold, and large amounts of mass/energy spin off it? Could the combination of antimatter and matter in a event cause large amounts of dense matter to fly off? Are some of the smaller galaxies within our proximity products of decayed quasars, can we check for some residual effect within the true movement vs redshift of them?

If you want to prove to everyone the idea, it needs an acceptable theory.