Can Lingerie Contribute to Environmental Sustainability?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planet
In summary, this bra is designed to reduce the use of plastic bottles and cans, and it has a built-in solar panel to charge devices. It is eco-friendly and comfortable.
Physics news on Phys.org
Why not stylish hats with solar panels charging a built-in nano with integrated ear-buds that can be stowed in the brim.

I'd be interested to see just where they put the "outlets" :-) I can think of two perfect places.

Seems more eco-unfriendly to me...a garment that has absolutely no utility whatsoever (as the article points out, undergarments don't get sun exposure outside) , but probably used a lot of materials and energy to produce.

What the heck is it made out of, astroturf? Maybe if you can get it to power a scoreboard on that little panel a few football widows might benefit from it catching their husbands' attention, but that's about it.

A wide-brimmed hat of some description would have been the garment of choice surely?

the bra should not be washed

Okie dokie.

I thnk it's a great idea. A slight change in cultural clothing styles and we'll be all set to go.

The bra is also equipped with pads designed to hold beverages so that the usage of cans and plastic bottles can be reduced, the company said.
So she'll start out in the morning quite well endowed and be less so after a walk on a hot day?

the "Solar Energy Bra" follows the company's other green-themed undergarments that include a bra that turns into a reusable shopping bag

This also seems like a good product. Makes those long waits in grocery store lines more interesting.

OMG, that made me laugh so hard, even my animals are looking at me oddly.

Moonbear said:
Seems more eco-unfriendly to me...a garment that has absolutely no utility whatsoever (as the article points out, undergarments don't get sun exposure outside) , but probably used a lot of materials and energy to produce.

What the heck is it made out of, astroturf? Maybe if you can get it to power a scoreboard on that little panel a few football widows might benefit from it catching their husbands' attention, but that's about it.

And they are keeping score of what, exactly?

rewebster said:
And they are keeping score of what, exactly?

I'm not sure it matters. :biggrin: Ever see the trance guys go into when a scoreboard pops up on the TV screen?

Moonbear said:
I'm not sure it matters. :biggrin: Ever see the trance guys go into when a scoreboard pops up on the TV screen?

yeah--about the same trance as when they (uhh :rolleyes:, we men?) see women in lingerie, is that what you mean?

rewebster said:
yeah--about the same trance as when they (uhh :rolleyes:, we men?) see women in lingerie, is that what you mean?

Yep. I'm pretty sure the combination of both would keep men's attention for days!

Moonbear said:
Yep. I'm pretty sure the combination of both would keep men's attention for days!

(my, my, my...and, if they were only carrying a cooler and a 'Modern Physics' book)

rewebster said:
(my, my, my...and, if they were only carrying a cooler and a 'Modern Physics' book)

Well, since they're already equipped with beverage holders...:rolleyes: Hand the lady a physics book!

Moonbear said:
Well, since they're already equipped with beverage holders...:rolleyes: Hand the lady a physics book!

yeah, but they'd lose some of their solar power if those came out

It's very eco-friendly, but I'm not too sure why someone would think to to do this. It doesn't seem to practicle. If they had them in the US, I would get one...It's a very neat invention

Ha, the model who says its comfortable...ha ha...bullsh!t.

As if we needed more proof that the "green" movement is a symptom/manifestation of a mental illness. That's got to be the best/dumbest story on the subject I've seen yet.

Moonbear said:
Seems more eco-unfriendly to me...a garment that has absolutely no utility whatsoever (as the article points out, undergarments don't get sun exposure outside).
I'm all for changing that convention...you know, for the environment...

Together, we can make a difference.

Related to Can Lingerie Contribute to Environmental Sustainability?

1. What is the connection between lingerie and saving the planet?

The production and disposal of conventional lingerie, which is made from synthetic materials, has a significant negative impact on the environment. By switching to sustainable and eco-friendly lingerie, we can reduce our carbon footprint and help save the planet.

2. How can lingerie be eco-friendly?

Eco-friendly lingerie is made from sustainable materials such as organic cotton, bamboo, and recycled fabrics. These materials are renewable, biodegradable, and have a lower impact on the environment compared to synthetic materials.

3. Can wearing eco-friendly lingerie really make a difference?

Yes! By choosing to wear sustainable lingerie, you are supporting ethical and environmentally responsible brands, reducing waste, and minimizing the use of harmful chemicals in the production process. Every small action counts in the fight against climate change.

4. Is eco-friendly lingerie more expensive?

While sustainable lingerie may have a slightly higher upfront cost, it is often better quality and lasts longer than conventional lingerie. This means you will save money in the long run, and also contribute to reducing the environmental and social costs associated with cheap fast fashion.

5. Where can I find eco-friendly lingerie?

There are many brands that specialize in sustainable and ethical lingerie, and some mainstream brands also offer eco-friendly options. Do your research and look for certifications such as GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) and Fair Trade to ensure the lingerie you purchase is truly eco-friendly.