Can I view the desktop version of PF on Opera browser?

• Thread starter rock.freak667
  • Start date
In summary, there is a new mobile version of PF available for mobile browsers, but for desktop browsers like Opera, the site may still display the mobile version. To get the desktop version, you can change the browser identification to Firefox in the network tab of site preferences. This is a common issue with websites not considering Opera when programming their pages.
rock.freak667
Homework Helper
I've read the forum announcements and I see that there is now a PF mobile for the mobile version of browsers. However, is there any way for me to use Opera on my laptop and get the normal desktop version of the site back?

(Currently I am on my laptop seeing the mobile version of PF in Opera)

Physics news on Phys.org
I had the same problem.

Here's what I did:

• right-click a page while browsing the site and select "Edit site preferences"
  • select the "network" tab
  • At "browser identification", select "Identify as Firefox" (or any other that will work for you)
  • Reload the page

Every time you'll come back to that site (and that site only), Opera will present itself as the chosen browser. You won't need to ever think about it.

More info here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.00/en/network.html"
And here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.01/en/preferences.html#site"

It happens often on websites that don't consider Opera when programming their pages. Too bad, because Opera is the best browser I ever used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks jack, that worked quite well.

But obviously it is a systematic problem. I guess for some reason PF thinks Opera always means Opera mobile or mini Opera or whatever it is called. We have Opera installed on three computers, PF is not displayed correctly on neither of them.

Related to Can I view the desktop version of PF on Opera browser?

What is PF mobile in opera issue?

The PF mobile in opera issue refers to a problem that occurs when trying to access a website or web application created using the PrimeFaces mobile framework on the Opera browser. This issue may result in the website not functioning properly or displaying incorrectly on the browser.

Why does the PF mobile in opera issue occur?

The PF mobile in opera issue can occur due to compatibility issues between the PrimeFaces mobile framework and the Opera browser. This can be caused by differences in coding languages, browser settings or outdated versions of either the framework or the browser.

How can the PF mobile in opera issue be resolved?

To resolve the PF mobile in opera issue, it is recommended to check for updates for both the PrimeFaces mobile framework and the Opera browser. If the issue persists, try clearing the browser cache and disabling any ad blockers or browser extensions that may be interfering with the website's functionality.

Can the PF mobile in opera issue be prevented?

Yes, the PF mobile in opera issue can be prevented by ensuring that the PrimeFaces mobile framework and the Opera browser are both up-to-date. It is also important to test the website on multiple browsers during the development process to identify and resolve any compatibility issues.

Is there an alternative to using the PrimeFaces mobile framework for websites?

Yes, there are other mobile frameworks available for creating websites that are compatible with the Opera browser. Some popular options include jQuery Mobile, Bootstrap, and Sencha Touch. It is recommended to research and compare different frameworks to find the best fit for your specific project.