Can I track moved threads on the forum using the App on my tablet?

• Bug
  • Thread starter CWatters
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of encountering threads that have been moved while browsing the forum using the App on a tablet. The user is unable to see the actual post or any follow-ups, only a message stating "Be the first to reply". They are wondering if there is a way to find out where the thread has been moved to and someone suggests taking a screenshot of the issue. The original user explains that they are currently in the hospital recovering from an operation and will have to revisit the issue in a few days. Another user wishes them a quick recovery and the original user mentions their difficulty using a cheap tablet instead of their preferred desktop PC.
CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Sometimes when browsing the forum using the App on my tablet I come across threads that appears to have been moved. If I select it all I see is a message "Be the first to reply". Can't see the actual post or any follow-ups.

Is there a way to I find out where the thread has been moved to?

Physics news on Phys.org
Im currently I hospital recovering from an op so will have to revisit this in a few days.

CWatters said:
Im currently I hospital recovering from an op so will have to revisit this in a few days.
Hope you recover quickly!

Thanks. Main problem is having to use this cheap tablet. I miss my nice desktop PC.

Related to Can I track moved threads on the forum using the App on my tablet?

1. What is the purpose of moving threads in the app?

Moving threads allows for better organization and categorization of discussions on the app. This helps users find relevant topics more easily and keeps the app more organized.

2. How do I move a thread in the app?

To move a thread in the app, you can click on the thread and look for the option to "move" or "relocate" the thread. This option is typically found in the settings or options menu for the thread.

3. Can I move a thread to a different category?

Yes, you can move a thread to a different category in the app. This can be helpful if a thread was originally posted in the wrong category or if it is more relevant to a different category.

4. Will moving a thread affect the comments and replies?

When a thread is moved, all of the comments and replies will also be moved along with it. This ensures that all of the discussion stays together and can still be easily accessed in the new location.

5. Is there a limit to how many times a thread can be moved?

There is typically no limit to how many times a thread can be moved in the app. However, it is recommended to only move a thread if necessary to avoid confusion and maintain organization within the app.