Can I Post Multiple Questions on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter FallenLeibniz
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is self-studying physics using various textbooks and has encountered conceptual difficulties. They are wondering if it is acceptable to post multiple questions at once and if there is a way to privately message administrators. The response is that multiple questions are allowed as long as they are of good quality and pertain to the same topic. However, it is suggested to keep threads focused and not post too many questions at once to receive the best help from the forum.
FallenLeibniz
I am in the process of self study in Physics by going through some textbooks that I have (Classical Dynamics:Marion and Thorton, Electromagnetism: Pollack and Stump). I find myself having some conceptual difficulties and would like to pose my questions here on the forum, however the thought occurred to me that it may raise eyebrows me posting multiple questions once. Is there a rule against this?

Also, is there a way to PM admins? I would have not posted here if I knew a way to contact one for this question directly.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's better to keep these questions in the open here rather than via PM because others may have the same question and benefit from this discussion.

You may post any amount of genuine good quality questions/posts. Make sure it is one question per post.

Thank you. I guess the one question per post rule is to bound each thread to one specific topic?

Right.
Multiple questions about the same topic can go in the same thread.

Keep in mind that you want to make your threads easy for people to respond to. If you put a lot of questions in one thread, that will tend to turn people off, and you may get fewer useful responses. Similarly, if you have many threads going at once with lots of different questions, that may also look a bit spammy and turn potential responders off. There's a "sweet spot" that will help you get the best tutorial help from the PF... :smile:

berkeman said:
There's a "sweet spot" that will help you get the best tutorial help from the PF...

I'm sorry, but that answer is six minutes late. The world has already ended. :)

Related to Can I Post Multiple Questions on Physics Forums?

What is the purpose of posting multiple questions?

The purpose of posting multiple questions is to gather information on a particular topic or issue. By asking multiple questions, a scientist can gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject and analyze the data collected.

Is it acceptable to post multiple questions at once?

Yes, it is acceptable to post multiple questions at once. However, it is important to ensure that the questions are relevant to the topic and are not repetitive. Posting too many questions can also be overwhelming for the respondents and may result in a lower response rate.

Should I post all my questions in one post or spread them out?

It is recommended to spread out your questions in separate posts rather than posting them all at once. This allows for better organization and makes it easier for respondents to answer each question individually. It also prevents overwhelming the respondents with too much information at once.

How many questions should I post in one post?

There is no set rule for the number of questions that should be posted in one post. However, it is generally recommended to limit the number of questions to 3-5 per post. This ensures that each question receives adequate attention and allows for a higher response rate.

How do I ensure the quality of responses when posting multiple questions?

To ensure the quality of responses when posting multiple questions, it is important to carefully construct each question and make sure they are clear and concise. It is also helpful to provide context or background information for each question to help respondents understand the purpose of the questions. Additionally, offering an incentive for respondents to complete the survey can also improve the quality of responses.